Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Export Website to Disc Folder Error

Hey All,

I've been updating my website with Xara Design Premium. However, when I go to export it to the disc folder, I am getting an error message: "Failed to export to D:\Xara Serif\Web Design Premium\CurrentWebSite\index_htm_files/859@2xpng",
    The Xara software then crashes each time and I have to open it again. I tried making a folder in D:\Xara Serif\Web Designer Premium. There are two folders there:Current Web Site and Previous Website. However, I get an Error :0x8000FFFF:catastrophic failure when I try to create a folder. Does Xara block one from creating a folder? Because, it's just happening at the D:\Xara Serif\Web Design Premium\ address.

thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: Export Website to Disc Folder Error

Quote Originally Posted by tomoffinland17 View Post
    Hey All,

I've been updating my website with Xara Design Premium. However, when I go to export it to the disc folder, I am getting an error message: "Failed to export to D:\Xara Serif\Web Design Premium\CurrentWebSite\index_htm_files/859@2xpng",
    The Xara software then crashes each time and I have to open it again. I tried making a folder in D:\Xara Serif\Web Designer Premium. There are two folders there:Current Web Site and Previous Website. However, I get an Error :0x8000FFFF:catastrophic failure when I try to create a folder. Does Xara block one from creating a folder? Because, it's just happening at the D:\Xara Serif\Web Design Premium\ address.

thanks,
    Steve
    Steve, Xara wouldn't do that. It is either a HD problem or a system one.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-har...sk-windows-10/ to check your hard disk.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-cd4272f7fc7b for System File checker and Apps Troubleshooter.

Come back with any further detail.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank You! That worked.

Thank You! That worked.
    Great to hear, which one in particular?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The first link

The first link
    Then it is worth looking at how big the lot files is taking up as it could be the early signs of a hard disk failure.

Lots of backups to other media, if you haven't already.

Acorn

did you do the full

chkdsk D: /f /r /x

for your drive D:

I think you should, backing up to a physically difffernt media first as acorn said, backing up now if you already ran that check

once you have run this check compare the size of the disk reported in the disk properties, to what it was before [ie new, formatted] - the bigger the difference the more urgent the replacement of the physical drive [which may involve more than just D: if D: is a partition]

if you're not sure, run the check regularly - see if things are getting worse over time

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    did you do the full chkdsk D: /f /r /x for your drive D:
    I think you should, backing up to a physically difffernt media first as acorn said, backing up now if you already ran that check
    once you have run this check compare the size of the disk reported in the disk properties, to what it was before [ie new, formatted] - the bigger the difference the more urgent the replacement of the physical drive [which may involve more than just D: if D: is a partition] if you're not sure, run the check regularly - see if things are getting worse over time
    handrawn, cheers for the detailed description.

Useful for others too,
    Acorn

Thanks.I'll try that. The D drive is an external hard drive. My pc is about a year old. You think it's the external might be going bad?

off the top of my head I can think of four possible reasons:

the disk is failing - in which case it is likely to continue to fail
    your computer memory is failing - but if so you would likely notice other problems too
    you had a power blip that caused a tempory corruption of the disk, that the check you ran fixed, and which was hopefully a 'one-off'
    the USB socket/cable is playing up, in which case just moving the cable slightly can disconnect/reconnect the drive and cause issues

so things to be aware of and watch out for just in case....