Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default H1 Heading question

I am using SEO Powersuite for my website and it shows I have a duplicate H1 Heading on my page. I only have one H1 Heading but it is on the desktop site and the mobile site but SEO Powersuite is seeing this as a duplicate and says it is wrong and needs correcting. I assume it is showing as a duplicate because of the way WD creates a mobile site. If I change the H1 Heading on the mobile site it shows it as OK.

Is Google going to see this as an issue having a duplicate H1 Heading?
    Is it OK to have different H1 Headings on desktop and mobile sites?

Thanks for any advise.

Default Re: H1 Heading question

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    I am using SEO Powersuite for my website and it shows I have a duplicate H1 Heading on my page. I only have one H1 Heading but it is on the desktop site and the mobile site but SEO Powersuite is seeing this as a duplicate and says it is wrong and needs correcting. I assume it is showing as a duplicate because of the way WD creates a mobile site. If I change the H1 Heading on the mobile site it shows it as OK.

Is Google going to see this as an issue having a duplicate H1 Heading?
    Is it OK to have different H1 Headings on desktop and mobile sites?

Thanks for any advise.
    It doesn't matter how you use H1 on your site; it's yours not an SEO fanatic's.
    It would be alright to have different text for the same heading as a mobile website's real estate is far more limited.

It you are overly worried , make the H1 Variant Heading an H2 one and increase the font and styling to match.
    You then have site editorial all back in your control.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: H1 Heading question

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It doesn't matter how you use H1 on your site; it's yours not an SEO fanatic's.
    It would be alright to have different text for the same heading as a mobile website's real estate is far more limited.

It you are overly worried , make the H1 Variant Heading an H2 one and increase the font and styling to match.
    You then have site editorial all back in your control.

Acorn

Thankyou