Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Getting Rid of the Simplitec PUP

thats good to hear ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I think that article you referred me to might have done. I searched to see if there was any traces of Simplitec on my hard drive. There wasn't. However, after I ran the "Registry Cleaner" in CCleaner and then rebooted, I haven't seen the Simplitec PUPs after running Malwarebytes or RogueKiller.
    So, this is hoping in future scans it doesn't appear anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    So, duckduckgo is really an add-on to Chrome, not an actual stand-alone browser?
    Ron, now you are on top, have a look at DuckDuckGo or StartPage for your web searches.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ron, now you are on top, have a look at DuckDuckGo or StartPage for your web searches.

Acorn
    Yep, I'm using it now. Thanks!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I used to opera and loved it. Switched to firefox and used that for a long time, however I like and use speed dial and that no longer works with firefox, a lot of things don't since they changed it, so I switched back to opera. I must admit though that opera is no longer the same easy to use browser I liked. I tried Chrome but that was not for me.
    Try Vivaldi. Made by the original Opera developer. It's my daily browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    I spoke too soon.
    After rebooting my computer, the "simplitec" came back. I read an article written to RogueKiller personel and the bottom line is, they don't know right now how to get rid of it, although they say it is harmless.

Oh well.

Thanks for your help, George.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

DuckDuckGo.com You can specify this as your default search engine. The benefit to this is DuckDuckGo does not save your searches and does not feed you search results based on your previous searches and it does not follow you around the web. DuckDuckGo does not own YouTube or DoubleClick and more. IOW they have no dog in the fight. If you search for something on DuckDuckGo, you will not see the item you searched for on your next web page or on Facebook. I only use Google if I am searching for images and cannot find what I am looking for on DuckDuckGo. It is my default search engine.

thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    DuckDuckGo.com You can specify this as your default search engine. The benefit to this is DuckDuckGo does not save your searches and does not feed you search results based on your previous searches and it does not follow you around the web. DuckDuckGo does not own YouTube or DoubleClick and more. IOW they have no dog in the fight. If you search for something on DuckDuckGo, you will not see the item you searched for on your next web page or on Facebook. I only use Google if I am searching for images and cannot find what I am looking for on DuckDuckGo. It is my default search engine.
    StarPage is also useful, it searches Google for you and doesn't keep your search history.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Useful discussion on browsers and search tools (to which I have contributed, mea culpa), However, it's tangential to the thread topic, so let's take the browser/search discussion to an Off-topic Chat thread here:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...618#post589618

I also use Opera as my standard browser. I really liked the prototype Opera Neon, but it crashes on my home desktop, and there will not be a update, so I don't use it any more.

Haven't come across Vivaldi before (thanks, Mike) but I'll definitely check it out.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.