Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Duplicate files with _1, _2, etc

I noticed that at some point that Xara has started duplicating files for the website I have been working on. In the folder, I'm seeing index.htm, index_1.htm, index_2.htm, etc.

Not all files have three versions, some have two. Why is this happening?

I would rather not upload extra unneeded files to my web server.

Also, can I just delete the extras from the folder when Xara is closed? And will it put them back when I re-open the program?

Default Re: Duplicate files with _1, _2, etc

When you create a new page, Xara automatically names the page after the previous page and adds a one. I am happy to say you are perfectly free to change this to any page name you feel is appropriate. In the Web Properties > Page section you can change the name in the Page Filename area.

And whilst you are there you can change the Page Title e.g. About Us, which is what appears on the browser tab, and you can add a Page Description and a dozen keywords.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page name.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	120173  

I get these once in a while as well. I don't know why, but when I publish to html and upload via FileZilla, those files don't show up so they don't get uploaded. I delete them when I get tired of looking at them and they will be gone for a while and then come back. Don't seem to do any harm so I've gotten used to ignoring them. Maybe we'll both find out why they show up now.

gwpriester, the odd thing is I created only one new page in the last several weeks and named it comments. It's about the only one that didn't get a duplicate. index, products, customers, etc all got duplicates at some point and most of those I hadn't opened or changed in a while.

Anyway, glad to know I can get rid of them.

Thanks!