Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page Rename / Script Bug ?

Hi All

I've think I have just found a BIG bug, or I'm a Muppet, one of the 2 !

For reasons I don't understand Xara will not let you rename the index page to have a PHP extension. (index.htm > index.php), I need my index page to be ".php".
    So to get round this I created a blank page as the first page and called "site.htm". This mean when the resource folder gets created its called "site_htm_files" instead of "index_htm_files", it also creates a file called " site.htm" this is not a problem, in fact I like it the change of name for the resource folder.

However, after spending the last few hours chasing my tail I have found a bug, when is exports and creates the "imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js" and "sghighslide.js" it still refers to "index_htm_files", line 91 of the imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js and line 21 of the "sghighslide.js".

I'm going to open up a ticket for this as this is clearly not correct.

Default Re: Page Rename / Script Bug ?

Quote Originally Posted by ukeventlighting View Post
    Hi All
    I've think I have just found a BIG bug, or I'm a Muppet, one of the 2 !
    For reasons I don't understand Xara will not let you rename the index page to have a PHP extension. (index.htm > index.php), I need my index page to be ".php".
    So to get round this I created a blank page as the first page and called "site.htm". This mean when the resource folder gets created its called "site_htm_files" instead of "index_htm_files", it also creates a file called " site.htm" this is not a problem, in fact I like it the change of name for the resource folder.
    However, after spending the last few hours chasing my tail I have found a bug, when is exports and creates the "imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js" and "sghighslide.js" it still refers to "index_htm_files", line 91 of the imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js and line 21 of the "sghighslide.js".
    I'm going to open up a ticket for this as this is clearly not correct.
    The code I have read is correct.

var fileFolder = 'index_htm_files';

$('script').each(function() {

var src = $(this).attr('src');

if(src)
    {
    var parts = src.split('/');

if(parts[1]=='imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js')
    {
    fileFolder = parts[0];
    }
    }

});
    It checks where imageGallerySimple_v11_conf.js is in your ***_htm_files folder and set the variable away from the default index_htm_files to where yours is.
    Later it uses this in Line 111 ( window.hs2.outlineType=fileFolder + "/sgcustoms"; ) to change where it look for the HiSlide parameter.

The prooof of the pudding is the Gallery works regardless of what the first site page is.

For PHP, I believe you can still have a blank index.htm page then an index.php, without worrying about where your site assets are located.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat