Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How To Switch Back to the "Light Gray User Interface?"

I cant remember how to switch from "Dark Gray" to the classic "Light Gray" user interface...

thank you in advance.
    Frank

Default Re: How To Switch Back to the "Light Gray User Interface?"

Quote Originally Posted by EARTHPRINTS View Post
    I cant remember how to switch from "Dark Gray" to the classic "Light Gray" user interface...

thank you in advance.
    Frank
    Frank,

It's Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S. It's called "Skinned UI".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Frank,

It's Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S. It's called "Skinned UI".
    This tip should be prefixed with the warning that any changes made to the UI will be lost when doing this.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    This tip should be prefixed with the warning that any changes made to the UI will be lost when doing this.

That's why I prefer another workaround: Assuming the OP is still working in XDP Pro 10, exit the program; rename the file "xaradark_theme.xm" in your Xara folder (C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X10) to something else by adding something like 'OUT' after first copying it to another folder for safekeeping; restart the program. This does not reset your customized UI.

In later versions of XDP (in combination with Windows 10) there might be some problems with the screen redrawing the various toolbars and buttons, often making them invisible, especially while customizing your UI (Window/Control bars/Button Palette). In those cases minimizing and maximizing the screen might solve the problem. If that still gives problems, customize your setup with the dark interface and then apply the above workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Bob, you're right. I forgot that. But then I would never have that problem because I've never made any changes to the current UI because I like what's there, so far. The UI is consistent in XDP but keeps freakin' changing on me in Ai. No matter what I do, the UI changes the next time I open a new document. I wish it would stay put. I make changes as I go but you'd think that Ai would remember what I told it to do when I open a new document. XDP is better than Ai in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That's why I prefer another workaround: Assuming the OP is still working in XDP Pro 10, exit the program; rename the file "xaradark_theme.xm" in your Xara folder (C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X10) to something else by adding something like 'OUT' after first copying it to another folder for safekeeping; restart the program. This does not reset your customized UI.

In later versions of XDP (in combination with Windows 10) there might be some problems with the screen redrawing the various toolbars and buttons, often making them invisible, especially while customizing your UI (Window/Control bars/Button Palette). In those cases minimizing and maximizing the screen might solve the problem. If that still gives problems, customize your setup with the dark interface and then apply the above workaround.
    Boy, damn you're smart.

Too much credit, Mark. I heard about this workaround a few years ago from someone else here at the boards. Credit should go to him/her.

There should be a Like or Karma button in the forum

good to be reminded of that Boy....

BTW

that should be

xaradark_theme.xml

not .xm
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...