Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website variants-how to specify desktop version to be displayed for certain pages

Hi there,
    Currently building the mobile version of my website on xara premium 12. A few of the pages I would like the full desktop verson to be displayed in all cases, irregardless of the device being used (they contain i frames and these are mobile friendly). Is there a way such as using code in the website to force this to happen?

Default Re: Website variants-how to specify desktop version to be displayed for certain pages

I haven't tried this but you could enlarge the mobile variant's page size to the size you wish.

Default Re: Website variants-how to specify desktop version to be displayed for certain pages

Hi Boy, I have tried that. When I do it the browser seems to get confused and show both desktop version and mobile version at same time, so repeating all the components but in all different positions and sizes.....I really just need to direct the browser to the desktop version for those pages.

Yes, it actually makes sense that the browser shows both variants. Perhaps the real experts on these forums may know of a solution.

Did you try to make the mobile variant very wide for those pages? Twice the width of the biggest potential width (maybe 4096 * 2 ~ 8000+ pixels) would be my guess. I think Acorn posted such a trick somewhere.

Hey Siran, that seems to have done the trick! Thank you and thank you Acorn so much! What a simple solution.....

Quote Originally Posted by davesatriani View Post
    Hey Siran, that seems to have done the trick! Thank you and thank you Acorn so much! What a simple solution.....
    The thanks is more on siran,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, but I don't think so. I remember to have created a script for such a task but the idea of changing the width of the variant(s) to hide was not mine, I didn't even test if it works...