It was loud and obnoxious: "Internet Security Warning! Do NOT try to turn off your computer! If you do you will expose your all your computers in your home to a virus!"

That's the voice I was met with from the internet this morning. It tried to use fear based tactics to get me to stay online while they try to install malware of some sort on my new computer. The voice even came with believable graphics. It looked and sounded legit. But I KNEW better. The second it started spouting off "Don't turn off your computer!" Is the moment I did EXACTLY what it said "NOT TO DO". And as soon as I got my computer rebooted and went back onto the internet it came back with the same loud voice so I turned my computer off again and rebooted it again then I ran a full security scan and I even ran my "FixMe Stick" too. It's gone now but I've seen the likes of that technique before, several years ago. I didn't know what to do then but I know better now.

Have you ever been through that kind of thing before? I very much dislike it.

On a brighter note, I did finally get all my software (except that one I mentioned in another post) put back on my computer. YAY me!

Mark