Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Well it was bound to happen.

One of my favorite software programs wouldn't load onto my new computer. Why? Because the program was 19 years old. It was my "Photoshop" type program called Microsoft Digital Image Suite. I've been using this program since 1999. I even wrote and illustrated a children's picturebook on it. The picturebook was called: The Wonderful World of Misty the Magical Cat.

And why on earth did it (the software) work for sooooo long, I will probably never know. How come nobody else's program will last that long. I've loaded it on computer after computer after computer and STILL it worked like a charm. Now, I've got to get a good business card designing program to replace it. NONE of the modern day software (that I'm aware of) does multiple image prints on a single piece of paper, at least if Ai has it I haven't been able to find it. Any recommendations?

Mark

Default Re: Well it was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Any recommendations?
    Mark
    Mark, right-click on the application of its Shortcut and pick Troubleshoot compatibility.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Mark, right-click on the application of its Shortcut and pick Troubleshoot compatibility.

Acorn
    That would be great if only I could load the program at all. It just won't load and comes back with a warning about how it's not compatible even before it will download the program.

What doesn't work using your Xara application for business card design?

Mark - wre you using it on windows 10 before? - if so it should be possible again

you say you are downloading it - where from?

you don't have a CD I presume

NONE of the modern day software (that I'm aware of) does multiple image prints on a single piece of paper
    this is often a function of your printer software

that said photoshop elements used to do it, it was called 'contact sheet' not sure about current version as my PSE is ver 2 [ie 2002] pretty old itself...

also if you want multiple versions of the same image - windows 10 will do that... right click on the file in file explorer and click print.. you should get something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-02-20 15_33_01-Print Pictures.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	120139

it will let you adjust the number you print, but you cannot alter it's limited range of preset sizes, so not that flexible

XN View MP, free, can create contact sheets and other multi-image prints. You can set the tile size, paper dimensions, margins, etc.

yo I'd imagine most of the 'windows photo viewer' alternatives will do this - the win 10 function is just the 'back-end' of the old windows photo viewer that was depricated in win 10