Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Chrome rendering 1920px in the 960px website variant = big white space

This is the situation
    -I have a website with 3 variants, main (1920), mid (960), mobile (480).
    -I use preview website to see how the website looks when I resize the window to scale down to the next varient
    -It scales down without any problems in the Xara website preview and in Edge and Explorer but not in Chrome
    -In Chrome when I resize from my 1920px page to my 960px page, chrome does not change the page width
    -It looks as if chrome is keeping the 1920px width from the main page for my 960px width mid page
    -So my mid page ends up being there, but on a 1920px page, if I scroll over to the right I see all this blank space

I've tried searching for similiar problems here and on google but did not find anything.
    I've double checked the page width for the 960px varient, and I've locked it down to 960px
    I've tried moving the page around in various ways, what gets me is that its only chrome this happens in

Any advice would be huge, thanks.

Default Re: Chrome rendering 1920px in the 960px website variant = big white space

Quote Originally Posted by frameperfect View Post
    This is the situation
    -I have a website with 3 variants, main (1920), mid (960), mobile (480).
    -I use preview website to see how the website looks when I resize the window to scale down to the next varient
    -It scales down without any problems in the Xara website preview and in Edge and Explorer but not in Chrome
    -In Chrome when I resize from my 1920px page to my 960px page, chrome does not change the page width
    -It looks as if chrome is keeping the 1920px width from the main page for my 960px width mid page
    -So my mid page ends up being there, but on a 1920px page, if I scroll over to the right I see all this blank space

I've tried searching for similiar problems here and on google but did not find anything.
    I've double checked the page width for the 960px varient, and I've locked it down to 960px
    I've tried moving the page around in various ways, what gets me is that its only chrome this happens in

Any advice would be huge, thanks.
    First off, refresh your Chrome browser cache (Ctrl+F5). That might fix it.
    Second, check you have the latest version of Chrome installed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Chrome rendering 1920px in the 960px website variant = big white space

Hi Acorn, I did all that. I haven't published the site yet, the issue could be limited to my instance of chrome preview. Either way, I realise the limitations of Xara. I've been mighty impressed with what this application can accomplish, so it's shame it can't handle a few more things as well as its handled site building.

Quote Originally Posted by frameperfect View Post
    Hi Acorn, I did all that. I haven't published the site yet, the issue could be limited to my instance of chrome preview. Either way, I realise the limitations of Xara. I've been mighty impressed with what this application can accomplish, so it's shame it can't handle a few more things as well as its handled site building.
    The only other remote thing I can think of is you have a spurious object off the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In chrome right click > Inspect > Set up your resolution and view using the emulator. Also I am sticking to two variants. Here are my settings that have worked with the new iphone x too. Desktop is 1130, Mobile 500

Can't replicate that FP. Attached is a file showing it working correctly in chrome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host