Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Designer Pro 15 update ETA

Does anyone have any idea for far away the next update to Designer Pro is. Until this happens, I am stuck on 12.81 .My V15 is Dec 8 2017 15.0.0.52427 (more than 3 months ago). My Help | Check for updates says "This program is up to date"

Default Re: Designer Pro 15 update ETA

Only Xara knows....

yeah waiting here, at a busy company and I really need our basic features restored.... Please? Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

I JUST INSTALLED THE VERSION 15,
    I AM SHOCKED !

@ Magix and Xara
    this i the worst update after so many years.
    and second worst that you did not update it since months.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Loving Affinity Designer and now beginning to play with Gravit Designer... both well worth a peek. Those and the old staple Inkscape and Paint.net - Xara now only used for web publishing - no longer a vector graphics tool of choice.

Would you care to give us some insights as to why that is? I've owned Affinity Designer since it was first released and I don't like it much at all. The workflow is rubbish compared to Xara's.

As for Pro X 15, what happened to 13 and 14? My current version is 12.x and it was only updated recently. I got a pop-up today for v15 but when I look at what's on offer, I am decidedly unimpressed. One new feature (that I'll likely never use) and a bunch of templates for amateurs. How is that worth $129? Worst of all, you're trying to rush the decision by only giving me four days to upgrade before the price goes through the roof. Well, guess what Xara? You've lost a customer after almost 20 years. I'll stick with what I have for now and your absurdly high prices will ensure that I am unable to justify getting back onto the update cycle at a later date. Great work.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    As for Pro X 15, what happened to 13 and 14? My current version is 12.x and it was only updated recently. I got a pop-up today for v15 but when I look at what's on offer, I am decidedly unimpressed. One new feature (that I'll likely never use) and a bunch of templates for amateurs. How is that worth $129? Worst of all, you're trying to rush the decision by only giving me four days to upgrade before the price goes through the roof. Well, guess what Xara? You've lost a customer after almost 20 years. I'll stick with what I have for now and your absurdly high prices will ensure that I am unable to justify getting back onto the update cycle at a later date. Great work.
    Magix choose to skip v13 and v14 and jump from v12 to 15. If you have v12 with the Update Service, v15 is free to you.

Magix has also failed to make it clear that the Upgrade is free (not $129!!) but you instead select the Trial button, download and as the same email and licence number for v12.
    One customer did complain about the lack of clarity and the update was extended to allow a v15 installation. Obviously when that amnesty lapses, he will lose access to the online services (in line with the v12 T&Cs).

v15 will work without you uninstalling v12.

v15 is more buggy then most releases and Xara are expected to release a sub-version as part of the free Update Service.

There is yet to be an official clarification.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

nice Software but some features i not like

very well go on

may be you are on latest version.