Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Misssed update to v15 of Xara Web Designer (Premium)

I missed updating my version 12.6.2.49603 to v15 of Xara Web Designer (Premium) and it expired on the 31/12/2017 can I still update for free?

Default Re: Misssed update to v15 of Xara Web Designer (Premium)

Quote Originally Posted by Plisgyn View Post
    I missed updating my version 12.6.2.49603 to v15 of Xara Web Designer (Premium) and it expired on the 31/12/2017 can I still update for free?
    Well the version sowing at present is 22 November 2017: http://www.xara.com/uk/downloads/sta...er365premium32.
    The answer will be yes.

Do not remove V12 as V15 can be run alongside V15.

You will not be able to download anything from the On-line Content Catalogue but you can use the components you have stored in your V12 local cache and link V15 to them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn how to link?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn how to link?
    Local Designs gallery > Disk designs button.
    In the bottom box, type %appdata%\..\Local\Xara\XtremePro\12\Cache\designs \eng\components and click the Add button.
    Navigate to any Xara content in this manner.

The pathing shows in Local designs gallery and then allows access to your cached components.

In the Help, the most unhelpful detail is:
    Adding to a gallery

You may want to add extra items to these galleries (Local Designs, Fill & Fonts galleries only). To do this:
    1.Copy the files you want to add into a new directory (folder) using the Windows Explorer.
    •For the Local Designs Gallery these files can be any of a wide range of vector or bitmap file types.
    •For the Fill Gallery they can be any of the bitmap formats supported by Designer Pro (listed in importing and exporting).
    •For the Fonts Gallery they can be Adobe Type 1 or TrueType fonts.

2.In the appropriate gallery, click the "Disc Designs/Fills/Fonts" button. This opens a dialog box.
    3.Use the dialog box to select the directory you want to add.
    4.Click "Add". This creates a new section in the gallery.

If you later want to add more items to the folder:
    1.Copy the new files into the existing folder.
    2.In the gallery, click "Disc Designs/Fills/Fonts". This opens a dialog box.
    3.Use the dialog box to select the folder you want to add.
    4.Click "Update" to update the section in the gallery.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you.