Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: After several months, I can't get WD Premium 365 to run without error message 23

Thats good to hear

[incidentally - 365 is the licence, not the program - the program under the 365 licence started at ver 12 and now has ver 15 as well; it can be confusing.. the more ver are released under the 365 licence, the more meaningless it will become to refer to the program as 365 from the point of view of giving support - the way this is marketed by xara/magix does not help]]

Default Re: After several months, I can't get WD Premium 365 to run without error message 23

Good Sunday Evening HanDrawn and thank you for this additional information. Actually, not being a tech soul, I did not know that 365 represented the Licence and not the program itself. I noted when I downloaded the latest version WD Premium, it requested that the previous version of the program be deleted. Needless to say, I was not very comfortable with that procedure and hesitated a very long time before I hit the "yes" button. I think I may have purchased Version 12 after moving up from Premium 10. And, you're very right about the confusion. I just hope they don't try to charge me for version 15 because I used my serial number from my last version 12. At any rate we will see what happens sir. Thank you again for helping me with some of the confusion.

no that's the point really - the licence and the program version are now seperate things, so the one licence will cover you for both ver 12 and ver 15, provided it was current when both versions were released - not sure how serial numbers will pan out as things progress, but if you have a current licence, and the number you used activated ver 15 you have no worries... the licence is all you actually pay for

Good Monday Morning Handrawn,
    I was so use to using vers 12, I've got to get use to vers 15. To me it's a bit different. Right now I am just interested in being able to make the needed changes to my wife's real estate school/class schedules. Once I've done that, I can concentrate on "what's new" in vers 15. I am thankful to you and everyone who chimed in to help me get what I needed to move forward.

~Good morning

well you should be able to run both versions 12 and 15 as they install in seperate folders.... but, although others do, maybe your ver 12 installation has somehow gone wonky so I wouldn't advise persuing that route unless you really have to... ver 15 has a few issues but hopefully they will be sorted soon

Hello again Handrawn,
    I am still waiting to hear back from "Tech Support" regarding what happened to my vers 12 and why it just stopped being able to connect with my serial number. For a non tech guy I was terrified because I needed to make changes to our website class schedule. I can tell you Handrawn, it was a frightening experience, especially, since I did not know what caused the problem. By the way, the vers 15 will not run less vers 12 is removed from my computer. This bothered me because I thought my websites would also be deleted. Again, a non tech person like me just would not know in which direction I should go. I got the help I needed right on this forum and that's what's satisfying. Thank you so much.

we all try to do our best