Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default After several months, I can't get WD Premium 365 to run without error message 23

I posted this problem before, but cannot find it anywhere (sorry).
    I have been using WD Premium 365 for 6 or 7 months and have used to put our Real Estate Classes on the web. When I purchased WD 365 I also purchased the disk just in case I had a computer crash or need to re-run the program. Here is my immediate problem:

Recently, I needed to make some changes to our real estate class schedules, so attempted to bring WD 365 up on my computer so I could make the changes, then, publish them on the website. I could not get the program to come up on my computer. Here is what I got every time I tried to get WD 365 Premium to run on my computer: Here is the Error Message 23 I get:

"Unfortunately your License wa not successfully checked. The program has not been activated and therefore cannot be used. It is possible to check your license again online. This should clear up the problem. If the problem persists, get help from Customer Support Website. Again, the error message 23 is what I get.

By the way, I have checked to see if my License is still good and here is what I got:
    Xara Web Designer Premium 365
    Serial Number:
    Valid Until: Unlimited
    Update Guarantee: Until 06/26/2018
    Number of devices that can be used simultaneously: 2

Has anyone else had this kind of experience, and, if so, how did you correct the problem? I am desperate to fix this problem since I can't make changes to my websites now. I have not idea what to do.

Thought I had better add this. When WD 365 Premium looks as if it's going to load, it shows (Version 12.6.2 DL x64 April 25, 2017) then shows Error Message 23
    Thanks again for all help.
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 16 February 2018 at 03:54 PM.

Default Re: After several months, I can't get WD Premium 365 to run without error message 23

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    I have been using WD Premium 365 for 6 or 7 months and have used to put our Real Estate Classes on the web. When I purchased WD 365 I also purchased the disk just in case I had a computer crash or need to re-run the program. Here is my immediate problem:

Recently, I needed to make some changes to our real estate class schedules, so attempted to bring WD 365 up on my computer so I could make the changes, then, publish them on the website. I could not get the program to come up on my computer. Here is what I got every time I tried to get WD 365 Premium to run on my computer: Here is the Error Message 23 I get:

"Unfortunately your License wa not successfully checked. The program has not been activated and therefore cannot be used. It is possible to check your license again online. This should clear up the problem. If the problem persists, get help from Customer Support Website. Again, the error message 23 is what I get.

By the way, I have checked to see if my License is still good and here is what I got:
    Xara Web Designer Premium 365
    Serial Number:
    Valid Until: Unlimited
    Update Guarantee: Until 06/26/2018
    Number of devices that can be used simultaneously: 2

Has anyone else had this kind of experience, and, if so, how did you correct the problem? I am desperate to fix this problem since I can't make changes to my websites now. I have not idea what to do.

Thought I had better add this. When WD 365 Premium looks as if it's going to load, it shows (Version 12.6.2 DL x64 April 25, 2017) then shows Error Message 23
    Thanks again for all help.
    This is a straight xara support matter you must raise with Xara directly.

It will boil down to uninstalling the program and removing entries in the Registry and probably some more tweaking.
    You will need your purchase order, serial number of email you used at hand.

It may be you have uninstalled without re-activating and you do not have any available slots free.
    Log into the Magix support site to check your Products and their activation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: After several months, I can't get WD Premium 365 to run without error message 23

Good Afternoon Acorn and thank you so much for your reply. Not being a tech guy some of what you say, starting from, "It will boil down to". However, I can say that, one evening I closed my computer down after updating a website and the next day starting up my computer and not being able to upload (if this is the right term) my Xara WD 365 program. I have no idea what could have happened. I did nothing different from what I always do. What can cause this kind of problem? As you suggested, I did contact Xara Tech Support and am waiting back to hear from them. In the mean time I can't make any changes to my websites until this problem is fixed. Thank you again.

Good Afternoon Acorn and thank you so much for your reply. Not being a tech guy some of what you say, starting from, "It will boil down to". However, I can say that, one evening I closed my computer down after updating a website and the next day starting up my computer and not being able to upload (if this is the right term) my Xara WD 365 program. I have no idea what could have happened. I did nothing different from what I always do. What can cause this kind of problem? As you suggested, I did contact Xara Tech Support and am waiting back to hear from them. In the mean time I can't make any changes to my websites until this problem is fixed. Thank you again.
    You used your computer. That allows all sorts of gremlins to sneak in: Windows Update, other ones, a virus, a memory chip glitch, dirty connector, hard disk failing, driver conflict, timing error, the time of day, heat, cold, dust, someone else's microwave, a taxi radio, ...

Had most of them, with weird side-effects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Actually sir,
    I thought if anyone else has experienced this problem they would not mind sharing how they fixed things. I looks like, from what you say, I may need to get my computer to a repair person. I'll wait to hear from Tech Support if it doesn't take too long.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 17 February 2018 at 01:47 AM.

Try downloading and installing the latest version from Xara (15 now) as a trial and see if you can get it to work, and if so perhaps you can register it using you previous version key. It was available to version 12 users as a free upgrade - don't know about that now but it might at least let you update your site.

here? https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Error-23-Code

Has anyone else had this kind of experience, and, if so, how did you correct the problem?
    basically I fixed it by deactivating the program installed on the computer in question, as I stated in the other thread - since I could not start the program, that had to be done on the magix site

my feeling is that you cannot start the program, because the activation process knows you have already used your two activations, but no longer recognises this computer as one of those - as acorn says there could be a whole host of reasons for that.. but trying deactivation in your magix/xara account, if you haven't already tried it, might just reset things next time you try to use the program

Hello All and thank each of you for reaching out to help me on this matter. I am using a Screen Shot program called Jing, but still can't figure out how to copy a picture of the screen shot of my problem so you all can see it. At any rate, I am going to try the Free Upgrade (Xara 15) and see if that permits me to access my websites. I will return here and let you know what happens.

So far, BKJohns suggestion seems to be working. I went back to Xara and downloaded WD 15. However, this new version deleted Version 365 it appears in order to download V 15. So, when I looked for the website I need to change, it was only available as a "Backup". No matter, I was happy to find it. Now, it looks like I can do revisions on my website and one that belongs to a church friend. Everyone has been a great help and support. Thank you so much BKJohns. I am less stressed now.
    I needed to add that I put in the serial number for my version of Xara WD Premium 365 and it activated everything.