Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrading from V12.6.2.49603 to V15.0.0.52382

I have just downloaded V15 and opened my website, saved it and published it. It’s completely messed up my site, it’s changed all font sizes, spacing, colours and looks a right mess.

Luckily I’ve been able to go back to V12 and publish my site again which has corrected all the problems.

Personally I can’t see any differece in the 2 versions.

Last time I updated my WD I had problems, why can’t Xara test these updates before releasing them.

I would advise everyone NOT to update yet.

Default Re: Upgrading from V12.6.2.49603 to V15.0.0.52382

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    I have just downloaded V15 and opened my website, saved it and published it. It’s completely messed up my site, it’s changed all font sizes, spacing, colours and looks a right mess.
    Luckily I’ve been able to go back to V12 and publish my site again which has corrected all the problems.
    Personally I can’t see any differece in the 2 versions.
    Last time I updated my WD I had problems, why can’t Xara test these updates before releasing them.
    I would advise everyone NOT to update yet.
    Ian, it is was that dire i would raise a Xara Ticket and ask it to investigate your design file.

I had absolutely no changes to a 50-page site on publishing.

Are you sure it wasn't your local browser cache need clearing out?

I linked to a Post today already to the Release Notes for V15.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ian, it is was that dire i would raise a Xara Ticket and ask it to investigate your design file.

I had absolutely no changes to a 50-page site on publishing.

Are you sure it wasn't your local browser cache need clearing out?

I linked to a Post today already to the Release Notes for V15.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

No definitely not browser cache, will raise a ticket with Xara.

Thanks.

Same here. No changes to any of many sites. I kept the 12 install but use the 15 until each site has cycled through 15 at least once. Previous uninstalls of superseded versions never injured sites, but I also migrate all added fonts, brushes, templates, etc. to the new version before uninstalls. With other s/w I am used to a new install inheriting the setup and addons from previous versions. That is not the case with Xara.

Did you do a complete upload of your site with version 15 or just the changed files? Sometimes with the incremental uploads it seems to miss some file(s) and you will get what you describe as the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by bkjohns View Post
    Did you do a complete upload of your site with version 15 or just the changed files? Sometimes with the incremental uploads it seems to miss some file(s) and you will get what you describe as the end result.
    I have also experienced issues with v15 and had trouble with audio files created in previous version which will not play if the page is updated in v15. I have tried all ways to sort this out and have raised a ticket but it is easier just to go back to v12.4 and use that. Needless to say, I will not be renewing anymore subscriptions! Also I found that if I renamed a page something else other than index, v15 posts the page but the page is posted as index rather than the new name.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers1946 View Post
    Also I found that if I renamed a page something else other than index, v15 posts the page but the page is posted as index rather than the new name.
    Check if you are publishing as a Supersite; that is all one long index file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Check if you are publishing as a Supersite; that is all one long index file.

Acorn
    Acorn, No not a Supersite.

Hi bkjohns,

I was updating only changed files but have now tried a full upload and still have the same problem.
    I have raised a ticket with Xara and they have asked for my .web file which I have sent over to them. Will see what they come back with.

Thanks.

I have now sorted this problem.
    I used Filezilla to delete my website and then published website again, now everything seems to be OK.
    Not overly impressed with the amount of time it took Xara to deal with this issue with so many emails going backwards and forwards.
    Last edited by ianzzz5; 24 February 2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling mistake