Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default something different

colored straws and water in a wine glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass reflections 2 feb 14.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	120098  

Default Re: something different

And a spotless glass at that. Brilliant effect Tim. I keep forgetting to ask if you did photography in your previous job on the west coast.

Hi Gary,
    I worked in a few custom labs in Los Angeles, Hollywood, and your old stomping grounds, Beverly Hills (Gibbons Color) I worked as an industrial photographer in the Valley for Rocketdyne (think that's how you spell it) Got to go to Edwards and photograph the first landing of the space shuttle. They built the 3 main engines plus the engines in the nose for directional corrections. Then I moved north to Washington State where I worked as a commercial photographer for a small studio in Portland, Oregon to remain nameless as I walked out with no notice one night. We did a lot of catalog work, for Meyer and Frank, the Emporium, Lamaglass fishing rods, and anything else that walked in the door. So much of the work got to be so routine that I started to hate it, sweep background, one softbox, lots of reflectors, bang it out, grab the next product etc. The cool jobs that sometimes took days too set up, were few and far apart. More than you asked I think LOL Now I'm in Pittsburgh, (dreaming of the west) but loving photography again!!

OK that explains a lot. I thought your work was professional level and I was right. Glad you are able to do the photography you want to do now.

Interesting and beautiful effect Tim
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.