Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara 3d Maker; Blender or Sketchup?

I'm also thinking to improve and polish my 2D design skill into 3D modeling. I searched on tools for that, Xara 3D Maker is one of cool tool that I found and interested to go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by petricshone View Post
    I'm also thinking to improve and polish my 2D design skill into 3D modeling. I searched on tools for that, Xara 3D Maker is one of cool tool that I found and interested to go with that.
    Hi,

Xara 3D Maker is not a 3D modelling program. It makes extrusions of 2D objects, mainly text, and animates it.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

In my opinion Sketchup is much easier to use than is Blender although Blender has a few pluses not found otherwise such as the ocean simulator.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I talked to my friend about Google Sketch up. and according to him the free version no longer has the nice trees ans stuff. In order to get that evidently you may have to pay out the nose for the really good stuff. If have looked into the newest Blender and it looks to be awesome.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

At one time, I started with Xara X. It's a convenient product of its kind, easy, and you can figure it out quickly. All the settings and tools are always available, editing points convenient, and you can quickly change the colors, as in a full fill and gradients. To make a transparent transition between an object and the background is a trifle. And objects can be visually duplicated when scaling. But for more complex work, I now work with Blender. Although it is more powerful and complex than Xara, I learned how to use https://forgehub.net (free 3d models) from Nebula. And now, Eevee in Blender 2.8 is a pleasure to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodrunaway View Post
    At one time, I started with Xara X. It's a convenient product of its kind, easy, and you can figure it out quickly. All the settings and tools are always available, editing points convenient, and you can quickly change the colors, as in a full fill and gradients. To make a transparent transition between an object and the background is a trifle. And objects can be visually duplicated when scaling. But for more complex work, I now work with Blender. Although it is more powerful and complex than Xara, I learned how to use https://forgehub.net (free 3d models) from Nebula. And now, Eevee in Blender 2.8 is a pleasure to work with.
    As a newbie, you are not allowed non-xara links but I have exposed yours this time as it is one I have used too.

Thank you for your contribution.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Xara Graphic Designer can export SVG file which can then be imported to some 3d applications. Idon't believe that Xara 3D designer
    exports in 3d application formats, I use tinkercad for my 3d design...but I am a novice..
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi Xara Graphic Designer can export SVG file which can then be imported to some 3d applications. Idon't believe that Xara 3D designer
    exports in 3d application formats, I use tinkercad for my 3d design...but I am a novice..
    Actually, I know that Xara can export a 2D shape as a DXF file, and I can import DXF into Wings 3D (and I'm certain many other 3D programs too), which you can then extrude using 3D tools. You cannot really do more than extrude it though, as the outer shape is retained but the geometry of the plans are cut bizarrely, but I have gotten it to work. The logo on top and text was created that way in the following image - rendered in Vue Creator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-logo.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	125007

Can you tell us how you do this, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter
    Actually, I know that Xara can export a 2D shape as a DXF file...
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Actually, I know that Xara can export a 2D shape as a DXF file..
    I am pretty sure that you cannot

it is not on the xdpx export list

you could run a vector export file [svg? pdf?] through third party software to convert
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...