Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to set a specific offset for Xara 3D text

Hello
    despite I insert a 1920x1080 image.jpg as background texture

I then observe that in the lower right corner status bar I read different values on various PC I own
    an the image sizes looks to depend on the screen size an pixels resolution of the display

1. I go to Options menu and in Texture I choose Background and I load my 1920x1080 image wallpaper but in the Xara 3D I don't see it in its whole borders, it is only portion of the image
    2. I go to Window menu and in Frame Size I input 1920 by 1080 and it is accepted
    3. Right after the frame appears around the image

but I don't have any view zoom to fit it

so I create my text and

4. I don't find how to displace it in a specific position, it looks locked into the center
    5. I must work observing the export little frame since I can't view the entire image inside Xara 3d form

also the status bar lower right corner shows the image size ... but there is no menu to change that value

How do I manage to see the entire wallpaper?
    As you can see, compared to the following image that shows the entire wallpaper, I can see only one portion
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final-result.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	131923

How do I manage to select a specific X - Y offset for the 3d text? But If this is allowed... a solution for the previous question is needed, otherwise, how do I select where to displace the text?

As you can see it is in the center while as example I'd like to place it towards the right top corner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72pt.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	131922

Thank you for any kind hint
    IP

Default Re: How to set a specific offset for Xara 3D text

this is from memory:

the program background is not responsive - that is it will only show a full 1920 by 1080 if it is maximised on a screen with that aspect ratio, otherwise it will be truncated - ie looks like it has been cropped, but if you export at the correct size it should be ok

to move the text you have to manipulate the spacing

put your cursor at the start of a line and press spacebar a few times and watch what happens to that line - repeat for other lines, adjust the font size, spacing and tracking as necessary

the manipulation of the background and the text are completely separate - the positioning of the text is reponsive and will always be relative to the program window; but not the background which is static and will fit to the export size

it is a very long time since I used this program which is now long in the tooth; there may be better ways, but hopefuilly this will point you in the right direction, and hopefully I am remembering correctly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hi Cosari & welcome to TalkGraphics.

You seem to have two issues.
    1: To determine the animation file size
    2: To offset/reposition/reduce the animation size.

So first & foremost I wouldn't include your background image within an animation. 1920 x 1080 is a very large size for a gif animation. Further gif animations can only render at 256 colours.

My way to tackle this would be to open a web-page in Xara and import your 1920 x 1080 image.

Next within Xara 3D Maker I'd create a far smaller transparent animation, say 500px x 300px. Xara 3D maker can create some aweful jaggy edged transparent animations. Best to match the background colour to the one it's going to be positioned over.

Import this animation into the web-page created above. Move & resize it to the required position.

Publish the page.

The resultant page has a background webp image size of 225Kb and an animated gif of 455Kb.
    700Kb compared to a 17,000Kb at the best you can create alone within Xara 3D Maker.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

nicely done egg - that is a well chosen image for the test
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ananniamul View Post
    ... In the Properties panel, click on the 3D tab. In the Offset section, enter the desired offset values in the X, Y, and Z fields ...
    And where do you find the properties panel?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Lightbulb Re: How to set a specific offset for Xara 3D text

Quote Originally Posted by ananniamul View Post
    To set a specific offset for Xara 3D text, you can follow these steps:

Open the Xara 3D text object that you want to set the offset for.
    In the Properties panel, click on the 3D tab.
    In the Offset section, enter the desired offset values in the X, Y, and Z fields.
    Click on the Apply button to apply the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    And where do you find the properties panel?
    Keith, I would ignore the friendly Bot. It has never been trained on any Xara products. It also does not recognise when a solution already exists.

Nonetheless:
    @ananniamul - Xara 3D maker does not use the concept of Applying; changes are normally immediate.
    @ananniamul - Egg fully solved the OP's problem so that the OP did not bloat out a massive animated GIF by placing the animated GIF as an overlay.
    @ananniamul - the proper instructions for effecting a offset in X3D(7) would be:
    • Select Windows > Options bar (Alt+O toggles).
    • Pick View options.
    • Input (X, Y) offset values. There is no Z-Offset.
    • You can additionally alter its vertical axis (first rotation angle), the horizontal axis (second angle) and the graphic's horizontal axis (third angle).
    • The Viewport allows a limited Z-axis depth adjustment.

It is easier to use the meta-keys first (e.g., Alt+Drag) to approximate your required offsets & alignments and then tune by incrementing the View options values. These values can be recorded for applying to other designs.
    Do read the Help > Index > View options.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP