Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default H1, H2, H3 H4? Headings

I have added H1,H2,H3 headings to my homepage but want to add H4. I can’t seem to find H4 in XWD. Is there anyway of adding An H4 heading or should I use H3 twice?

Thanks.

Default Re: H1, H2, H3 H4? Headings

Are you talking of Heading 1, 2 & 3 as are the standard included styles in all Xara documents?

If you are, create some text in Heading 3, then in the style dropdown select Create Style. Name it Heading 4, set Based On to 'no style' and click okay. With the text still selected you can change the font, size & colour. 'Heading 4' will change to 'Heading 4+'. Click on the dropdown & select update Heading 4 to Match. The '+' symbol will disappear. You've now created your own style.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Are you talking of Heading 1, 2 & 3 as are the standard included styles in all Xara documents?

If you are, create some text in Heading 3, then in the style dropdown select Create Style. Name it Heading 4, set Based On to 'no style' and click okay. With the text still selected you can change the font, size & colour. 'Heading 4' will change to 'Heading 4+'. Click on the dropdown & select update Heading 4 to Match. The '+' symbol will disappear. You've now created your own style.
    Not quite Egg, if you create a Heading 4, Xara does not produce an H4 TAG in the HTML code; you get a SPAN:
    <div class="xr_txt xr_s0" style="position: absolute; left:131px; top:171px; width:301px; height:10px;"> <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1 xr_s1" style="top: -25.65px;margin:0;">H1</h1>
    <h2 class="xr_tl Heading_1 Heading_2 xr_s2" style="top: 15.03px;margin:0;">H2</h2>
    <h3 class="xr_tl Heading_1 Heading_3 xr_s3" style="top: 45.78px;margin:0;">H3</h3>
    <span class="xr_tl Heading_1 Heading_3 Heading_4 xr_s4" style="top: 72.91px;">H4</span>
    The only way I have overcome this is to use jQuery to copy the SPAN parameters and clone into a new H4 tag.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn, basically that's fairly meaningless to me (Thus my question in my first paragraph) and I can see the difference now you've highlighted it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your replies.
    But I’m a bit confused now..... this looks a bit complicated for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    But I’m a bit confused now..... this looks a bit complicated for me.
    It is complicated. You therefore need to raise a Dear Xara thread asking for W3C Heading compliance H1 to H6.

Xara needs to cover Heading 4 --> H4, Heading 5 --> H5 & Heading 6 --> H6.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    Thank you Acorn will do.
    Ian, I'll support you with any techie stuff,
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ian, I'll support you with any techie stuff,
    Acorn
    Thanks