Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New software for security

Just recently I purchased a security software for my computer from Home Shopping Network (HSN). It's new to me. It's called PC Matic and it even blocks ransomware. I like this software because for $89.95 it covers 3 computers...NOT for the life of the computer...but for the life of the computer owner. (WOW!)

Worth every cent. Plus, I have "FixMe Stick". FixMe Stick REMOVES malware from your computer. No security software does that like FixMe Stick. Worth every cent too.
    I highly recommend getting these for yourself.

Mark

P.S...(side note) I know most of you TGer's use Apple computers. I started to buy one but one day I had a client who had an Apple computer. His computer and my computer were TOTALLY incompatible. He couldn't open ANY of my files on his computer. So I'm sticking to PC's instead, that's what most of my clients use and I can't afford for my work not to be usable on other's computers.

Default Re: New software for security

I know most of you TGer's use Apple computers.
    How did you come to that conclusion Mark. Xara is a Windows only compatible software. It can be run on Apple OS machines but not natively
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion Mark. Xara is a Windows only compatible software. It can be run on Apple OS machines but not natively
    Not me I use a windows pc.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    I like this software because for $89.95 it covers 3 computers...NOT for the life of the computer...but for the life of the computer owner. (WOW!)
    That's a marketing ploy Mark - it only applies to non-commercial usage.... in other words someone has thought: instead of offering a free non-commercial product lets at least make some money out of it upfront... [plus it makes the alternative annual charge for non-commercial, look more legit]

Don't get me wrong, I just believe you get what you pay for in sercurity and looking at their site I see a lot of unjustifiable claims that I would associate with the less 'pro' end of the market:
    The sad fact is that all security products on the market today, free or otherwise, do a poor job of protecting against the latest online threats
    really? and even if it were so, PCMatic are therefore automatically better?
    PC Matic automatically closes security holes in commonly used free software such as Oracle's Java and Adobe's Flash Player. Through these holes, it is possible to visit a compromised web site and become infected without clicking or acknowledging anything. The virus can enter through the hole. The only solution is to constantly keep these essential internet applications to their latest revision. The problem is that there are a lot of revisions and it is time consuming to install each new one. So few people do. PC Matic does it automatically behind the scenes so you don't have to
    last time I looked both java and flash were quite capable of automatically updating themselves
    PC Matic set a record for overall and proactive virus detections on the April 2014 Virus Bulletin Report
    just the once?
    and how long ago was that again [in terms of those nasty latest online threats?]

as for Fixme Stick - I understand it is 'ok' used as a last resort... but it can be a bit of a blunt instrument; something to be aware of...