Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Xara Designer Pro X 15 content?

I have been using Xara for my programs for about 4 years, my update service has run out, I was going to renew late in the year after all it was up to date.
    But when I went to update my website I could not, there was no content at all, nothing not a nav bar or templet could be found, I knew the online catalogue would not be available but I still expected to have a selection of content as I had with the first program I purchased.

I have installed the content pack but can not find any content?

Is there content there and I just can't find it?

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 15 content?

That's not right Orelanic, you should still be able to re-publish your website. Your web file should still open in your not-updated copy of Xara. You should still be able to publish it.

Get back if you're still having issues. Attach or post a Google Drive/Dropbox link to your web file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    That's not right Orelanic, you should still be able to re-publish your website. Your web file should still open in your not-updated copy of Xara. You should still be able to publish it.

Get back if you're still having issues. Attach or post a Google Drive/Dropbox link to your web file.
    I am so sorry I should have explained it better, I can open and publish the website as it is, but I cannot add a new nav bar or other new content such as buttons as there is no content to find.
    I hope that explains it better.

Hi Orelanic,

If your update service has run out then you won't be able to access content from the Content Catalogue anymore, only what you have already downloaded in the Designs Gallery.

If you do have an activate update service, can you let me know what you do see when you open the Content Catalogue? Are you only seeing a few folders or when you click on a folder the contents are empty?

Also - to anyone who's update service is about to run out, don't forget to download the contents of the CC by opening the Designs Gallery on the right and right-clicking within a folder > Download All.

Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob
    Thank you for responding.

There is no downloaded content I can find in the folder view. The only choice I see is the “content catalogue option” and that just takes me to the Magix webpage to renew the licence.
    I can still add photos from my personal content by directly dragging it on to the page but no new nav bars templets etc to use.

I did not understand that you needed to download all the content before the licence ran out as I thought it was only the update service and the online content that was licenced , so I thought I was OK for a short time and could use what I had, as I had expected to have some content delivered with the program as it was in the past with some of the older versions.

At first, I thought it was due to me having just reinstalled all my software but I see now that it is not the case.

It’s not the end of the world for me just a major annoyance at this moment and I suppose I will just put it down to experience, but maybe it should be made clearer to the user that the program does not come with any content ready installed as it was in the past and you must install it or lose it.

I am going to renew in the future as it is a very good program but unfortunately due to an unforeseen expenditure just after just updating all my equipment I am not in a position to do so for a while.

kind regards
    Ade

If you contact sales at http://support.xara.com they might be able to help you with a grace period to get the content installed again

Thanks
    Rob

Thank you Rob I will give that a try
    Kind regards
    Ade

Thank you Rob

Every thing has been sorted out and you have made my day a happy one

Kind regards
    Ade