Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDPX15 - errors today starting and with Online Content Catalogue

Xara DPX 15 Version 15.0.0.52427 - update service expiry in June

Today upon starting Xara, I got the following error, but I was able to open Xara. And upon opening the Online Content Catalogue, I got the second error. I tried on my laptop, same problems. Both worked fine yesterday. Nothing was exchanged between the two computers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPX15 error messages 1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	120076
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: XDPX15 - errors today starting and with Online Content Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post

Today upon starting Xara, I got the following error, but I was able to open Xara. And upon opening the Online Content Catalogue, I got the second error. I tried on my laptop, same problems. Both worked fine yesterday. Nothing was exchanged between the two computers.

John, the server is currently down.
    I have pinged Xara but it's their office hours close about now.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I was hoping that it was not me.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks Acorn. I was hoping that it was not me.
    But it still could be!

All the more to poke Xara to provide an application that works with the Internet.

On re-opening my application, I am getting:

Name:	500Error.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	120078

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Getting the same here
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Getting the same here
    Same here. Ver 12 and 15 on two machines.

The fault has been escalated within Magix/Xara.

I believe Xara offers 98% availability, which is around 15 hours downtime a month.
    My ISP is around 99.6% and has been higher than this for all the time I have used them.

Acorn

I recall reading here about a method to get the content catalog on DVD...? Is that still available? The only thing I'm really interested in is smart shapes since they have things that aren't hardwired into xara yet, like the spiral and 'multi-style-corner' squares and such...so far, I've just saved a local document with them all in there which works for me, but I've never been a fan of having direct 'contact' with purchased software that allowed a company to continue changing and tinkering with features after I purchase it. I guess I'm old fashioned and used to older games where you get everything as-is, good or bad, but it's yours and it's not going to change. I'm not particularly a fan of templates, but those smart shapes tho!
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

I believe Xara offers 98% availability,
    Do you believe their achieving this? I don't. Seems down too often for my liking.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host