Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ??

0 0%

I just started using Flash and there's a simple thing I can't figure out. I made a button and I want to attach a "goto and play" action to it, when I rollover. I can't get actions to work on anything except "release."
    Help...
    IP

You can't attach "go to and play" to a button.
    You can however attach "Tell target" so the button tells the movie clip to "go and play" to the frame you want. For the event you should shoose "on (rollover)" not "on (release)".

If that's what you've done and it doesn't work, send me your source file (.fla not .swf) and I'll take a look at it :-)

Alex
    IP

What are you talking about??? You can very well add gotoAndPlay to a button! Don't listen to that guy, I've been doing it since the begining.

You can also tell a target (movie clip) to go to another frame in itself. That comes in handy when you have a rollover on a button and whant something to apear in the corner or somewhere other than the button. If you put it in the button, and you decide you want the button to go the the left a little, the object that appears on rollover will move too.
    IP