Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it possible to embed a whole Facebook page

Every Shape has Web Properties > Placeholder and the code sits in the body or the head.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - Where in the placeholder does the script and iframe text go? I could not figure this out or get it to work.

Does the embedded page only show when the page is published?

It gives two separate sets of code, a JS SDK code and an iframe code. You can use either but not both. The iframe code route is the simplest as it only requires code placed in one place whilst the SDK code requires code to be applied to the Page Body and in a rectangular placeholder.

I can't get either Angie's codes to work but I could get it to work on a page I do.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Acorn - Where in the placeholder does the script and iframe text go? I could not figure this out or get it to work.

Does the embedded page only show when the page is published?
    ...or Egg. Thanks Egg.

Open https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s/page-plugin/.

Play around with the settings on the page to change the interactive example.
    Press the Get Code button.

You have two tabs (JavaScrpt SDK and IFrame).

For a sinlge presentation, create a rectangle on your MouseOff layer.
    Copy the IFrame code and paste into the rectangle Placeholder HTML code (body).

OR

Copy both parts of the JavaScript SDK into the Placeholder HTML code (body).
    You should only pick this option if you are embedding more than one FB page on the same page or if it is across several pages in a Supersite.
    The first block of code is only needed once so it could go into the Page HTML code (head) or the Placeholder HTML code (head).

It renders on Preview without having to publish so testing is easy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It gives two separate sets of code, a JS SDK code and an iframe code. You can use either but not both. The iframe code route is the simplest as it only requires code placed in one place whilst the SDK code requires code to be applied to the Page Body and in a rectangular placeholder.

I can't get either Angie's codes to work but I could get it to work on a page I do.

Thanks Egg, physically linked again.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...or Egg. Thanks Egg.
    @Gary, how many Guardian Angels does you need?
    Do note both Egg and I are still quite young but when older, Egg can roost under my canopy any day.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Gary, how many Guardian Angels does you need?
    Do note both Egg and I are still quite young but when older, Egg can roost under my canopy any day.

Acorn

Thank you all!
    Will try this out