Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CREATING A NEW WEBSITE

I am currently designing a new website with a Parallax effect, but I would also like to add a new page which does not have a parallax effect, but is
    connected via the same menu nav bar as the main parallax webpage.

I would like to ask if creating a Parallax website do you have to stick to this effect all the way through or would additional pages without Parallax be acceptable within a
    Parallax website

Best Regards
    Paul777

Default Re: CREATING A NEW WEBSITE

Parallax is an effect and not a website. It refers to objects moving at different speeds when the visitor scrolls down the page. It is offered in Web Animation > Reveal Scroll > (.) Scroll Animation

Here's an example. http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/parallax/ The numbers have been designated parallax and the number corresponds with the speed number

Hi there

Thank you for your reply. My question was if you are creating a Parallax do you have to stick to this effect throughout or can you link to other pages that do not have a parallax effect.

Another question I wanted to ask I am creating this Parallax on my laptop which has a different resolution to a normal desktop screen. On my laptop everything lines up perfectly as everything has been set up to my resolution. Now would viewing this on a standard desk top screen look completely different in terms of where I have positioned each page to come into view.

Apologies if I sound a little confusing but just a few concerns I have regarding parallax

Best Regards
    Paul777

I am not sure but if the page is deep enough I think you can use the parallax effect on a single page.

The depth of the page matters too. My example I posted scrolls differently when I preview in Xara vs when I preview it full monitor.

The best way to answer these questions is to experiment and see what happens. You cannot break anything. Too bad.

My question was if you are creating a Parallax do you have to stick to this effect throughout or can you link to other pages that do not have a parallax effect.
    Every page can has it's own content & animations etc non of which are dependent on the other pages.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"You cannot break anything. Too bad. "

I'll beg to differ with you on this. I can break things, but it takes dedication and practice.