Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CREATING A NEW WEBSITE

I am currently designing a new website with a Parallax effect, but I would also like to add a new page which does not have a parallax effect, but is
    connected via the same menu nav bar as the main parallax webpage.

I would like to ask if creating a Parallax website do you have to stick to this effect all the way through or would additional pages without Parallax be acceptable within a
    Parallax website

Best Regards
    Paul777

Default Re: CREATING A NEW WEBSITE

Parallax is an effect and not a website. It refers to objects moving at different speeds when the visitor scrolls down the page. It is offered in Web Animation > Reveal Scroll > (.) Scroll Animation
    Gary W. Priester
    Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude
    , Sir

gwpriester.com | Custom-Stereograms.com | eyeTricks on Facebook

Here's an example. http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/parallax/ The numbers have been designated parallax and the number corresponds with the speed number
    Gary W. Priester
    , Sir

Hi there

Thank you for your reply. My question was if you are creating a Parallax do you have to stick to this effect throughout or can you link to other pages that do not have a parallax effect.

Another question I wanted to ask I am creating this Parallax on my laptop which has a different resolution to a normal desktop screen. On my laptop everything lines up perfectly as everything has been set up to my resolution. Now would viewing this on a standard desk top screen look completely different in terms of where I have positioned each page to come into view.

Apologies if I sound a little confusing but just a few concerns I have regarding parallax

Best Regards
    Paul777

I am not sure but if the page is deep enough I think you can use the parallax effect on a single page.

The depth of the page matters too. My example I posted scrolls differently when I preview in Xara vs when I preview it full monitor.

The best way to answer these questions is to experiment and see what happens. You cannot break anything. Too bad.
    Gary W. Priester
    , Sir

My question was if you are creating a Parallax do you have to stick to this effect throughout or can you link to other pages that do not have a parallax effect.
    Every page can has it's own content & animations etc non of which are dependent on the other pages.
    Egg
    Endangered Species
    HP xw9400 W/S / 2 x Dual Core AMD / RAM 16 GB / 240 GB Kingston SSD / 120 GB Kingston SSD / 500 GB HDD / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / Windows 10 / 64 Bit /
    Xara Designer Pro X (12 or 365)

"You cannot break anything. Too bad. "

I'll beg to differ with you on this. I can break things, but it takes dedication and practice.