Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Designs Content - It is All Blank?

Hello,

I am in a weird spot. It is Friday and I am trying to start a new website design and I was going to browse templates for some ideas but I can not get anything to appear in my Designs Gallery. I tried updating from my CD and it can't find a folder on the CD that has the content. I tried installing the content download and it installed something on my computer but the gallery is still blank.

To make things worse, My subscription just ended a few days ago which I thought I did not need! But, I had no idea all of the stuff was not in my program. I am using Designer Pro X.

Tried calling Magix and it seems like some guy in his kitchen making recordings on the answering machine. After holding a while it says everybody is busy and please try back! Whatever...

So, does anybody have an idea why all of the content has been locked down?

Why can't I add it from my installation CD?

Why didn't the downloaded content appear when I installed it?

Thanks for your help. I am trying to not lose an entire day of work here.!!

Default Re: Help with Designs Content - It is All Blank?

I don't have a CD to use but pin the Local Designs gallery.
    Then click on the Disc designs button.

Navigate to a designs folder on the CD and click the Add button.
    You may have to descend a bit further into the folders to get to the right point.

If you have downloaded things already, you should find them in %appdata%/../local/xara/(product folder)/(version)/Cache/designs/eng/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused. Do you need an active subscription to be able to use this content? I navigated to the cache folder on my hard drive and brought the designs into Xara but I can not open a website. ?

I thought the subscription service was for "Updates" not the ability to basically use the program. Is the subscription the only way I can get to website templates, widgets etc...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused. Do you need an active subscription to be able to use this content? I navigated to the cache folder on my hard drive and brought the designs into Xara but I can not open a website. ?
    I thought the subscription service was for "Updates" not the ability to basically use the program. Is the subscription the only way I can get to website templates, widgets etc...?
    Thanks
    If you never downloaded the website template then you have no access to it through the On-line content Catalogue after your support expires.

If the website template is on the CD then you can use it.

The application remains "fully" functional. If you have made a site form a design or through your own efforts, you can open that design file and clone off another site making whatever changes your wish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. I can not find design content on this disc or the previous version disc either. I was under the impression that the program downloaded the content automatically.

I just want to make sure before I spend the money to upgrade that I should or should not have access to the material that has been in Xara for years. I am just kind of confused here and need to get some work done. Thanks.

Thank you. I can not find design content on this disc or the previous version disc either. I was under the impression that the program downloaded the content automatically.
    I just want to make sure before I spend the money to upgrade that I should or should not have access to the material that has been in Xara for years. I am just kind of confused here and need to get some work done. Thanks.
    I would raise a Ticket with Xara - https://support.xara.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit - Using a product, and describe what you expect and what you are getting.

Acorn

I did but of course this is Friday and I probably will not hear from them until next week sometime. I just want to understand the role of the subscription service. Does my $99 upgrade really mean access to the photo widget I just used a few weeks ago? Or the website templates? These things used to be part of your purchase. Are they now only purchased for the length of time you keep the subscription alive?

I see it as a waste to upgrade just for the design templates or photo widgets when it feels like I own them already! At least for the past 6 versions... Frustrated that I do not know the answers and can not work either.

I did but of course this is Friday and I probably will not hear from them until next week sometime. I just want to understand the role of the subscription service. Does my $99 upgrade really mean access to the photo widget I just used a few weeks ago? Or the website templates? These things used to be part of your purchase. Are they now only purchased for the length of time you keep the subscription alive?

I see it as a waste to upgrade just for the design templates or photo widgets when it feels like I own them already! At least for the past 6 versions... Frustrated that I do not know the answers and can not work either.
    I keep my old versions loaded so I can access their content, if needed.

We have bashed our gums on what to do to keep full access after support expiry in TG. A pity you didn't catch any of it sooner.

Acorn

I wish I had known it was going to be an issue. I don't use the program on a regular basis so it is not always on my radar. So it sounds like I need to upgrade to get the content working again.

I wish I had known it was going to be an issue. I don't use the program on a regular basis so it is not always on my radar. So it sounds like I need to upgrade to get the content working again.
    That seems so unfair. Ping Xara as it can't be that callow. There must be something we are missing.

Acorn