Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Font Warning

Default Font Warning

When I publish my site I get a warning saying i'm using non standard fonts and they will be published with my website.

I have been through my site and checked every font used but can't find the ones that WD is saying. Calibri and AR CENA

Is there an easy way of finding which fonts i'm using on my site.

Thanks.

Default Re: Font Warning

Check the Name Gallery for the fonts used in your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Check the Name Gallery for the fonts used in your website.
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply,
    I have a Page & Layer Gallery, a Bitmap Gallery, a Lines Gallery, a Local Designs Gallery and a Fill Gallery but cannot find a Names Gallery.
    Do you know where I can find it please?

Ian.

Sometimes what happens is between paragraphs or after one line the blank space is formatted with a font you are not using. It's insane but this will bring up the font warning you are referring to. In a long document this can take a long time to find and correct.

Might be easier to take the entire text in the document and apply the Normal style. Then go back and reformat the subheads, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    I have a Page & Layer Gallery, a Bitmap Gallery, a Lines Gallery, a Local Designs Gallery and a Fill Gallery but cannot find a Names Gallery.
    Do you know where I can find it please?
    Go to Utilities/Galleries/Name Gallery (assuming that WDP has a Name Gallery)

Boy - For whatever reason, Web Designer does not have a Names Gallery. You can apply a name to an object but there is no gallery.

Thanks for clearing that up Gary. Sorry about that, Ian, bummer.

Or -- I'm just getting an idea -- download the XDP trial and check for fonts in the Name Gallery there. Might be worth your while if you have a large site with a lot of text.

I dissected this problem previously: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054.
    All you fonts will be listed in the resource file xr_text.css.

If you just want to see which fonts are used on a page, open the Text tool and expand the Fonts list. The topmost section has a heading Used Fonts.

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I dissected this problem previously: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054.
    All you fonts will be listed in the resource file xr_text.css.

If you just want to see which fonts are used on a page, open the Text tool and expand the Fonts list. The topmost section has a heading Used Fonts.

Acorn

Great thanks, I will have a look at this