Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Help with Designs Content - It is All Blank?

Hello,

I am in a weird spot. It is Friday and I am trying to start a new website design and I was going to browse templates for some ideas but I can not get anything to appear in my Designs Gallery. I tried updating from my CD and it can't find a folder on the CD that has the content. I tried installing the content download and it installed something on my computer but the gallery is still blank.

To make things worse, My subscription just ended a few days ago which I thought I did not need! But, I had no idea all of the stuff was not in my program. I am using Designer Pro X.

Tried calling Magix and it seems like some guy in his kitchen making recordings on the answering machine. After holding a while it says everybody is busy and please try back! Whatever...

So, does anybody have an idea why all of the content has been locked down?

Why can't I add it from my installation CD?

Why didn't the downloaded content appear when I installed it?

Thanks for your help. I am trying to not lose an entire day of work here.!!

Default Re: Help with Designs Content - It is All Blank?

I don't have a CD to use but pin the Local Designs gallery.
    Then click on the Disc designs button.

Navigate to a designs folder on the CD and click the Add button.
    You may have to descend a bit further into the folders to get to the right point.

If you have downloaded things already, you should find them in %appdata%/../local/xara/(product folder)/(version)/Cache/designs/eng/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused. Do you need an active subscription to be able to use this content? I navigated to the cache folder on my hard drive and brought the designs into Xara but I can not open a website. ?

I thought the subscription service was for "Updates" not the ability to basically use the program. Is the subscription the only way I can get to website templates, widgets etc...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused. Do you need an active subscription to be able to use this content? I navigated to the cache folder on my hard drive and brought the designs into Xara but I can not open a website. ?
    I thought the subscription service was for "Updates" not the ability to basically use the program. Is the subscription the only way I can get to website templates, widgets etc...?
    Thanks
    If you never downloaded the website template then you have no access to it through the On-line content Catalogue after your support expires.

If the website template is on the CD then you can use it.

The application remains "fully" functional. If you have made a site form a design or through your own efforts, you can open that design file and clone off another site making whatever changes your wish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. I can not find design content on this disc or the previous version disc either. I was under the impression that the program downloaded the content automatically.

I just want to make sure before I spend the money to upgrade that I should or should not have access to the material that has been in Xara for years. I am just kind of confused here and need to get some work done. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Thank you. I can not find design content on this disc or the previous version disc either. I was under the impression that the program downloaded the content automatically.
    I just want to make sure before I spend the money to upgrade that I should or should not have access to the material that has been in Xara for years. I am just kind of confused here and need to get some work done. Thanks.
    I would raise a Ticket with Xara - https://support.xara.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit - Using a product, and describe what you expect and what you are getting.

Acorn