Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website Designer Noob

I have no background in website design and thought I'd try to learn using XDPx so I'm painfully slow here. I designed my first page (nothing special) but when I wanted to add another page, instead of putting the page AFTER the page I designed first, Xara put the page ON TOP of my first page. Umm...I have no clue here so I deleted that second page and my first page is still there. I thought when it "inserted a new page" AFTER the first, it would be like a WORD document but it just ain't so. Boy, have I got a lot to learn.

Mark

P.S...I'm not sure exactly where to post this thread. If I posted in the wrong place, feel free to put this thread in the right category.

Default Re: Website Designer Noob

I'll move this to the web design chat.

In the page and layer gallery you should be able to reshuffle the pages by dragging their title bars.

Mark, everyone has to be a "noob". I prefer tyro.

First off.
    Did you use File > New > Web page... to get going?
    The File > New document icon opens from your default Template, which might not be a web document.

Did you use the New page button in the Page & Layer gallery?
    This adds a page below the current (selected) one.
    Right-click on the existing page thumbnail in the Page & Layer gallery and pick New blank page will do the same.
    Right-click in the existing page and pick New blank page will do the same.
    Edit > Pages > New blank page will do the same.
    Insert > Page > New blank page will do the same.

There are several Quickeys as well.
    None of the ones I know prepend a new page.

Have you been practising in front of a mirror again?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, guys!

Wait a minute...
    I used the page and layer gallery to put new pages in but on the main screen (canvas) the pages are not one under the next, instead they are one "on top of the next" and when I go to preview what the site will look like it won't let me move forward or backwards from one page to the next (right now I have 3 pages). This is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    Wait a minute...
    I used the page and layer gallery to put new pages in but on the main screen (canvas) the pages are not one under the next, instead they are one "on top of the next" and when I go to preview what the site will look like it won't let me move forward or backwards from one page to the next (right now I have 3 pages). This is frustrating.
    In a Preview, you are working with HTML. To move between pages, you have to use links or buttons. If you set up a Vertical Supersite, all three pages will be published as one so you can use the browser scroll.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Mark,

I really suggest that you follow through XaraXhris' YouTube tutorials. Look for Chapter 4 on web design, parts 1 and 2. I started by using a template and trying to figure out how it was done, along with reading the manual. However, the tutorials helped me understand the real basics. I need to go back and watch them again.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtl...NT_ulniX7gOKxA
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)