Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default End User editing suggestions

I have created a web site using Web Designer Pro for a client and I would like to give access to the client to update the text on the site's pages. Is there a suggestion on software that could be used by the client without giving them the pro version?

Scott

Default Re: End User editing suggestions

Welcome to Talk Graphics Skooter.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am a bit dense. So if the website was designed in xara, you can now have the client edit it on the cloud? Or the website has to be designed on the cloud to begin with?

Good question. I was looking at the xara-online stuff as noted above and I could not find anything about editing the web site. It just seems like they can open and edit a file but it does not say anything about opening a .web file or publishing it. I am confused.

Yes I feel, you got to make the website there to begin with. I hope this is clarified, I did not see any import .web either.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Yes I feel, you got to make the website there to begin with. I hope this is clarified, I did not see any import .web either.
    Xara clearly has a lot of flag-waving marketing ahead to deliver a better understanding of the On-line designer that is it turning into its flagship.

Look at http://www.xara.com/uk/online-designer/ & http://content.ixara.com/news/.

The end-game is to create in either ixara or your application and at any point, edits saved in either environment are available in the other.
    The ixara USPs are not application necessary for editing and any browser will do.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Considering how cheap web designer basic version is, why not have them buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Considering how cheap web designer basic version is, why not have them buy it.
    It is a possible route, one I have tried but clients don't want to learn products.

They can cope with a web application, seemingly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn your kidding me? Have you tried the web application? LOL, no one wants to learn and fiddle with all that. I simply do not take on clients that want to do their updates.