Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font organization in drop down menu

When using the text tool the font drop down menu lists all available fonts in alphabetical order. Is there a way I can sort this list by type of font, such as separate folders for Serif, Sans-serif, and Italics? I have a long list of installed fonts and it is time consuming scrolling through the entire list if I am just looking for fonts in a specific family. Tks.

Default Re: Font organization in drop down menu

You can do this from the Fonts Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can do this from the Fonts Gallery.
    Gary, I think only XDPX has the Font Gallery (Shift+F9).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yep, your right Acorn. There is a Font Gallery in Photo & Graphic Designer but it is all the fonts in alphabetical order with no ability to organize the fonts.

Here's a link to an article that talks about font utilities. http://websitetips.com/fonts/tools/ There are dozens of other sites that might have the same or better information.

Thanks for the replies. I remembered quickly searching for this function in XPGD 10 awhile back, but couldn't find anything. I was hoping maybe it existed somewhere that I had overlooked, but I guess it is not to be. Would be a nice built-in feature to have in future versions. I'll check out the font sorting links and hopefully find something compatible with the version I have.