Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default How can I reduce storage space? How can I identify large files?

I am in a mess, no doubt my own fault, and I have no idea how to fix things. I am limiting this post to just one of my problems.

I created my website with Xara Web Designer 365. For a few months I used free Xara hosting but then purchased a domain from Xara. I therefore have two domains - www.wonershhistory.co.uk and the free one, which I don't update or use, www.wonershhistorysociety.xara.hosting.

I recently tried to publish changes to my site and received the error message 'insufficient storage' (500Mb max). I upgraded to Premium which has 2Gb storage so in addition to two domains I now have two software packages - Standard and Premium. I only mention this in case it has anything to do with the storage problem.

When I again tried to publish my updates it succeeded, albeit very slowly, but I appear to have now used almost 1.5Gb in the process. The new update largely consisted of one page which has links to history society bulletin pdfs.

Firstly, other than not have links to the pdfs at all, is there a way to limit the amount of space they take up?

Secondly, when I go to the control panel I can't see where all the space is being used. I know things add up but nothing looks huge. I have raised a ticket but don't hold out much hope as, other than an acknowledgment, Xara did not respond to my last ticket.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Forgot to say ... the page with pdf links is password protected because it is for members only so won't be visible to any forum member who looks to see what I am talking about.
    Last edited by JFry; 08 February 2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to say ....