Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default code implementation placeholder issues

hi, firstly I will just say that I have been using Xara for a few years now and mostly I can find the issue, myself or through these forums... However..

I have added 2 placeholders to a new site, in one there is amazon code and the other has google adsense code.

Both show different problems. and one similar problem.

Amazon.. shows products but cannot click on any... basically it shows as a image,.
    Google... does not show ad but when it does, it the same as amazon, cannot be clicked on...

using edge, ie on pc and laptop, chrome on phone and tablet same issues.

had these kind of things working on an old site with web premium 11.. is this a 12 issue or have I done something obviously wrong implementing the code?

the new site is a hair and beauty site, using a Xara theme.. rougehairbeauty.com (Not a finished product as I am laying out the main site before adding products so ignore spelling/wording/images)

thanks...

Default Re: code implementation placeholder issues

definitely showing as an image for the Amazon products.

You need to include your placeholder code.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

hi acorn,

I have added the code to the placeholder (Body) in both instances... it is as follows (Obviously I have changed the publisher id's to zeros,

code is (amazon)

<div id="amzn-assoc-ad-00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"></div><script async src="//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"></script>

all the zeros are my associate id....

Google code -

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- hair leaderboard -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-0000000000000000"
    data-ad-slot="0000000000"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

OOOOkay... I have just discovered the answer. I created a rectangle and placed the code in there, resulting in Xara exporting as an image. I then added a placeholder from the content catalogue and changed the sizes to suit (google and amazon) now I have the affiliate links working excellent. hope this helps others who are looking for a fix for this particular issue..

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwarrior View Post
    OOOOkay... I have just discovered the answer. I created a rectangle and placed the code in there, resulting in Xara exporting as an image. I then added a placeholder from the content catalogue and changed the sizes to suit (google and amazon) now I have the affiliate links working excellent. hope this helps others who are looking for a fix for this particular issue..
    Glad you got it sorted though any object ("rectangle") will work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat