Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: XPGD 15 - blurring on entire image when feathering

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Cheers but I can't see any advantage in this.
    OP had image, possibly PNG, problems. I made a PNG Bitmap and cloned it just to check the bitmap was an authentic rendering of the original at 300 dpi. The clone was to then compare like with feathered like.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ah, sorry Acorn, with you now.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't know if this will help, but what is your default 'preview render' dpi in preferences? It could be this...but I'm just taking a wild stab at it, and I think that's what Acorn is mentioning too?
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Okay I am uploading two pics that I could illustrate the issue. First is the image (sorry i had to crop it so its not recognizable) is the original then i turn the feathering on (after bitmap copy or not) and you see what I'm referring to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example1.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	120084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example2.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	120085
    Ron Cavagnaro

That's strange Ron, I can't replicate that. Attached image is your original and below that a 22px feathered version. I don't get any loss in the un-feathered part of the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feathered.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	120086  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I found the image on the right of the three to be more like your problem with feather. Feather works fine for me and the only way I could create your fault was in Photo-Blur -62. which looks like your feathered image in #14

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Images.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	120090  

if you cropped it Ron, and then exported it, it is not the original.. so really it is not much use as a definitive test

[try reimporting it into a blank document and see if you still get the problem]

that's blur I would say, like stygg got - are you sure you did not do anything to it in xara before applying the feathering, either directly or as part of a group

Right It was a screenshot because I can't share a unique customer image. I should have said it was a screenshot image and not original.

I was using it to illustrate what severe changes are happening when applying it.
    Ron Cavagnaro

Okay Ron, is there anyway you could request your client to create an image that they could share? I have the feeling the images your client is supplying are not Xara compliant.
    Egg

at the very least ask if they know which program created them - some variants of PNG can be non-standard, eg the old fireworks PNG which had layer support