Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Xara 3D - Dont have my source .X3D file but do have exported Gif, anyway to import?

I'm in sort of a bind - I have an older copy of Xara 3D Ver 4.0. Currently on a trip and forgot my original source .X3D file. I have an exported animated GIF from the work that I need, but no .X3D or .WMF, or .EMF and it understandably seems that Xara 3D wont import or open GIF files. I've even gone online (Free Convertors) and converted my animated GIF to either .WMF, or .EMF and Xara 3D won't import them (error is: "Can not import xxx.wmf or emf. This file contains bitmap data that is ignored. It does not contain any outlines)."

I've already tried redoing from scratch but even spending sometime the new attempts don't come close to original.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750 Issues Swing2-Wht.gif 
Views:	463 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	120016

Without having my source (original X3D) file does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks-In-Advance !

Default Re: Xara 3D - Dont have my source .X3D file but do have exported Gif, anyway to impor

Welcome to Talk Graphics rdingley.

No, there's no way of doing this without the original Xara 3D file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara 3D - Dont have my source .X3D file but do have exported Gif, anyway to impor

you could try a trial version of the latest xara 3D program - been a few years since I used it, but I think the trial is still unrestricted in features...

however it depends what you want to do - I don't think you can modify the vector element from within X3D, you would need your original vector file and program [xara designer?] for that

Hi,

Were you able to recreate this?

It is quite easy. There is an animation model with 3D Maker, Swing2aWaveH.x3d that you look for under the animation picker. If you don't have that, then see the image below for the animation parameters. I didn't check the font and size, and you will have to adjust the colour and slow down the animation a bit.

Name:	3DMaker 750 issues.gif 
Views:	445 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	120051

Name:	750 Issuse 3D Maker animation.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	120052

Here is the link to the X3D file on DropBox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz7jecf35b...wingW.x3d?dl=0