Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow disappearing on upload and text changes

No idea what's gone wrong but after amending and uploading website the gallery slideshow (Xara Slideshow widget) does not appear. Also, oddly the heading text which should be white and bold is showing as black and not bold. The preview looks fine as does the offline version on my computer but appears to change when it's uploaded, see clips, which doesn't make any sense to me. I've been amending and uploading this site for several years so what's the problem?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpcapture-offline.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	120007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpCapture-online.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	120008

website can be seen at www.jonphilibert.com
    Last edited by hsinclair; 06 February 2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: adding web address

Default Re: Slideshow disappearing on upload and text changes

Odd. My guess is the script for the jukebox does not get along with the slideshow.

Try selecting the slideshow and bring it to the top.

I have not idea why the type is changing. Does this happen if you soft group it with the rectangle?

Others will have better suggestions. These are just wild shots in the dark on my part.

Up until now I've been amending the jukebox and uploading it with no problem and this time haven't changed anything apart from adding a couple of songs and slightly lengthening, but not widening, the jukebox placeholder. I'm not entirely sure when the text changed as it could be it altered previously but I just didn't notice. Have moved the Gallery to the top and soft grouped the text and it has made no difference. I've tried deleting the text and the gallery and putting it in again and the same thing is happening, really weird. I've also tried exporting the pages and uploading everything externally with WinSCP and this has also made no difference.
    Thanks for looking
    Hilary

OK. Maybe Egg, or Acorn, or Rob or SOMEONE will have a better suggestion.

Maybe the slideshow is under the "mouse over" layer instead of "mouse off," which has happened to me. As far as the color not showing correctly, try re-uploading the entire htm(L) index file.

No it wasn't under mouse over - believe me I've checked everything I could think of. However have sorted it by a: grouping (not soft group that Gary suggested) the text with the header box, no idea why this works but it does and b: recreating a previous backup web, not one of the automatic backups but one of my own that was a bit out of date but have managed to update it. For no apparent reason this one works. It fought back to the bitter end but with several false starts have now got there, who would believe a 3 page website could cause so much trouble? Almost tempted to go back to Dreamweaver!

Thanks to all for trying.

Hilary

Glad to hear you sorted it Hilary. I was looking at the source code of the duff page & noticed no call's for images etc. Just seeing your post after an F5 and saw it working okay now with calls to image files.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host