Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help with Mouseover effect on a Layer

Hello all. Been a long time since I had to ask a question but find myself in need of help. Lots of great folks here who have helped in the past so hoping someone can this time too.

I just upgraded from WD10 (Premium) to WD365 (Premium) prior to redoing a client's website. Not really thrilled with it but I am sure in time I will adjust. One thing though that is really an issue for me is the Mouseover option in web properties is no longer there. Why? I know mobile devices don't support mouseover but computers still do. This was such a useful feature that is now gone.

So here is what I need help with and I would hope is doable. I want the object on a layer to have dual properties = mouseover show layer and on click go to. Both at the same time. I used this all the time previous for popup layer navigation and linking. I can't seem to do it now. In the past I would go to web properties and tell the object to show X on mouseover and also tell it to do X (ie; the main object not the object from the mouseover layer) when clicked. Can't do that anymore as the mouseover option is gone.

So can this be done via codes/script?

Just to be clear of what I am asking (it is hard to try and explain this clearly ) I will use an example below of how I did something in WD10 that I need to do now in WD365 but can't because mouseover in the web properties is gone...

Create a layer navigation method within the same main page.

Step 1. Create a button on layer X and then a corresponding highlighted version on layer Y
    Step 2. Select the button on layer X and in the link to address bar add <popup: "layer name" close "layer name">
    Step 3. Next go to mouseover and select show layer Y

This was a quick and easy way to do buttons/images/text/etc... that had a mouseover effect and could be used to navigate through multiple layers on the same page. I need to be able to do the same in WD365 but can't because mouseover is gone from web properties. Can it still be done?

Please help this dumby out. LOL

Thanks in advance as always. Hopefully I explained this clearly?
    WD10 Premium
    Photo & Graphic Designer 2013

Default Re: Need help with Mouseover effect on a Layer

Dear "dumby", it is not your fault.

Xara has put the MouseOver event in the Web Animation dialog (Utilities > Web Animation).

You use the Web Properties for the Link > Pop-up layer action.
    You use Web Animation for the Mouse-over.

The change is sensible with all the other actions now available; it just takes a little time to relearn.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Dear "dumby", it is not your fault.

Xara has put the MouseOver event in the Web Animation dialog (Utilities > Web Animation).

You use the Web Properties for the Link > Pop-up layer action.
    You use Web Animation for the Mouse-over.

The change is sensible with all the other actions now available; it just takes a little time to relearn.

Acorn
    ROFL

As always thank you so much. That takes care of it. Working like a charm.

WD10 Premium
    Photo & Graphic Designer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    ROFL
    As always thank you so much. That takes care of it. Working like a charm.
    And now you can add 365 to your list of products in your Profile,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat