Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgraded to Premium but publishing existing website still hits 500Mb storage limit

I have a domain purchased from and hosted by Xara. When I recently tried to publish changes to my website created in Web Designer 365, I had an error message saying there was insufficient space as I had nearly reached my storage limit of 500Mb.

I raised a ticket last Tuesday asking how I could increase my storage space but have not yet received a reply. As I really need to do the update soon, I decided to buy the Premium version of Web Designer as it has a 2GB limit.

Having installed and registered the Premium version, I opened by website file and tried to publish it but I still received the insufficient space message.

I'm hoping I have done something wrong because I would hate to think I have paid to upgrade to Premium for no reason.

Can anyone help please?

Jenny

Default Re: Upgraded to Premium but publishing existing website still hits 500Mb storage limi

Hi Jenny

Is this just one site or multiple sites?

Default Re: Upgraded to Premium but publishing existing website still hits 500Mb storage limi

Just the one.

How many pages is your website and can you think of any reason why it should take that much storage?

At http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/advanced/, I read the following:
    Free Hosting
    Xara Designer Pro comes with a free website hosting offer from Xara Online with no time limit, which includes 500MB of storage!
    In addition, Designer Pro includes a free 12 month upgrade to Xara's 'Website M' hosting, which includes 2 GB of webspace, plus a free top level domain.

There is no equivalent anywhere for Premium.

Specifically, however, in http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/, the detail offered is:
    Free hosting included (500MB) for Web designer & 1 year free M hosting (2GB, top level domain), both for Premium and Designer Pro X.

Premium is by far the better product, Web Designer 365 is crippled in comparison.

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@JFry

Hi,

You may have to wait for Xara to reply, but you should have the full 2GB.

Did you use the coupon code that Xara gave you in the email with the purchase by going into your account and "paying" for the M Hosting? You actually have to activate this.

For a first time user of M Hosting, there are instructions in the email that you received with the M Hosting activation code:

All Xara Designer titles include a free website hosting offer, but Xara Web Designer Premium and Xara Designer Pro owners can upgrade for free to the ‘Website M’ hosting option, which includes
    2 GB of web space and a top level domain. All free for 12 months!

You can open your 'Website M’ account here:
    http://rdir.magix.net/?page=T4JPEN5WP3CX
    simply enter your coupon code during registration and the price will adjust to 0.

What happens when you log in to Xara-online.com and click on "Open Web Space" under "Website M?" That is assuming that you can see it.
    This should open the Xara hosting page that includes your external domain. At the top left of the right window, you should see "Disk Space Used: xxMB / 2 GB." Can you get this far?

If you see only 0.5GB, then you have a problem.

While I'm thinking of it, I have had the M Hosting package for a couple of years. With the Xara renewal, I get a coupon to use for M Hosting. When my M Hosting renewal comes around (not synchronized with the purchase of Xara because I waited 6 months to activate the first time), I renew with the coupon. Last time was last month, and I had to ask Xara to do it as there is no way that I could find to do it myself. I asked, and the reply was that they did it for me. So you have to ask. I suggested that they fix this to avoid having to spend their time activating the coupons.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I have just hit 50 pages. I have a local history website so lots of information and lots of photographs (www.wonershhistory.co.uk).

Just to be clear about what I did, I went to http://www.magix.com/gb/xara-web-designer/ selected Premium and Upgrade. I was asked for my serial number and received confirmation that I could upgrade. I used the download link provided in an email, installed and registered.

I then opened Xara Premium and then file/open recent and chose the name of my Web Designer 365 file. So far so good. When I tried to publish in Premium I had the same 'insufficient storage space' message.

Is there anything else I need to do? I didn't export it or anything like that.

UPDATE
    It just goes to show how important it is to actually read instructions given in an email. As suggested by another forum member I looked for an 'M' voucher code and followed instructions. All is now okay. Sorry to have wasted your time.
    Last edited by JFry; 04 February 2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Update

Thank you. That was the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Sorry to have wasted your time.
    Jenny, you tribulations will probably help someone else in time, so not a waste.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Jenny,

No problem. I had intended to post the part about renewing using the coupon.

So, in a year from now, if you renew the update service for Web Designer Premium and you get another coupon for M Hosting, keep in mind the problem that I had. Hopefully, Xara/Magix will have this fixed by then. The instructions in my email did not help for renewing, only for a first-time user.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)