Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Remember undo history on exit

XDP12 (and all the other Xara s/w I assume) does an odd thing, at least I think it's odd... you can close the program without saving your work, but when you re-open the program it still has your work sitting there as you left it. If you try to close that unsaved window it asks if you want to save it. The odd part is that all your undo-ability is gone which seems kind of pointless to me. If they're doing you the favour of keeping your unsaved work in limbo, logically they should keep all the undo info too. The Serif s/w looks nice. I notice they say no subscriptions - I guess they're having a dig at Xara/Magix. I like the modern look of Serif's adjustment sliders too. When you use several programs it helps when the GUI's are similar... Xara is looking old-fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    XDP12 (and all the other Xara s/w I assume) does an odd thing, at least I think it's odd... you can close the program without saving your work, but when you re-open the program it still has your work sitting there as you left it. If you try to close that unsaved window it asks if you want to save it. The odd part is that all your undo-ability is gone which seems kind of pointless to me. If they're doing you the favour of keeping your unsaved work in limbo, logically they should keep all the undo info too. The Serif s/w looks nice. I notice they say no subscriptions - I guess they're having a dig at Xara/Magix. I like the modern look of Serif's adjustment sliders too. When you use several programs it helps when the GUI's are similar... Xara is looking old-fashioned.
    I am imagining this, without proof, but someone probably thought it would be better to be quicker opening Xara than preserving the Undo/Redo information.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I Agreed, but anyone solution on that problem

There isn't a solution unfortunately, Saving & Closing a xar or web file looses all undo information.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Might be a good additional feature to help justify the 365 program

+1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

+1
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.