Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: JOT FORMS

Default JOT FORMS

Hi All,

Apologies if this subject has already been raised. I am trying to create a JOT FORM for my webpage and for some reason I cannot resize the form to my liking
    for my specific page requirements. The other issue is that once it has been placed on the page you get the JOT FORM advertisement at the foot of the form and
    this is something that I don't want to see.

I have created the form from scratch but not having any luck. Any help would be much appreciated

Paul777

Default Re: JOT FORMS

JotForm free, like most free forms, has an advertisement. If you don't want the advertisement, then you have to subscribe and it costs. Google forms I believe are free.

The size of the form should be determined when you create the form. But if you embed the form code there should be a height and width in the code which you can change. But simply resizing the form placeholder will not do it.

Try Google Forms: https://gsuite.google.com/learning-c...s/get-started/.

If you stick with JotForm then it is possible to put a shape over the advert to mask it or right code to hide it but you would have to read JotForm's Ts&Cs and EULA to be safe.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to compare XARA here, but I used to use Webplus X9 and Webplus was a complete package it had everything where you could actually create custom forms and more. I find myself with XARA that if you don't subscribe and pay to third party then you end up with unnecessary adds.

Best Regards
    Paul777

Quote Originally Posted by paul777 View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    Thank you for the reply. I don't want to compare XARA here, but I used to use Webplus X9 and Webplus was a complete package it had everything where you could actually create custom forms and more. I find myself with XARA that if you don't subscribe and pay to third party then you end up with unnecessary adds.
    Best Regards Paul777
    Paul, Xara has never offered any server functionality, which is why it relies on add-ons.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

Do you know of any actual software that you can purchase to create contact forms but without a monthly subscription

Paul777

Quote Originally Posted by paul777 View Post
    Hi Acorn,

Best Regards
    Paul777
    I use Jot Form on one of my web sites. I also use Ad Blocker in my browser - all ads are gone, only the form remains. But that is up to the viewer of your form to use an ad blocker. I used WebPlus myself but switched for the variants to support mobile devices. I find Xara WDP to be a much better program in the long run but there are a few things I miss about WP, the free support from Web Resources being a big one. I haven't tried Google forms - maybe I should if they don't have adds. But as said in this thread, the freebies usually have ads.

You can buy a form maker like Simfatic and make your own forms - http://simfatic.com/

You can also use a free PHP form maker - http://www.formmail-maker.com/formmail-maker-home.php This is not as good looking as the Simfatic maker but for simple forms it works great.

I am sure there others but I use the PHP form maker and I thought about the Simfatic but did not need that many forms to justify the cost.
    Ray