Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Delete website from Xara Hosting.

I am using Xara Hosting for my website but would like to delete everything hosted and start again. Easy to do if you are using FTP but the Publish Website option does not show all/any of the files I want to delete. The Explore Web space button indicates there are six files on http://lc4mkm.xara.hosting/ What is the best method of deleting them?

Default Re: Delete website from Xara Hosting.

You can delete them in the Explore Webspace dialog.

The other method, less direct, in the Publish dialog, click on Control Center... then in the web page that opens, click Control Center (top right) then Open Web Space.

Now you have access to all your files and you can edit or delete as you wish.

Thanks Gary that worked a treat.

(Was just curious)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    Thanks Gary that worked a treat.
    Emmo, which method?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

From the Explore Webspace dialog. The other way appears to let you delete individual files though both screenshots are similar. I deleted all the files then added the websites I wanted. It was also a handy way of knowing what webspace has been used. I used the Xara Hosting as the websites are history/information based and I make no money out of them so I needed free hosting. Looking at what was on offer in the free hosting market no names come out smelling of roses and if your site becomes popular they all offer a payment plan. Unless I am missing something somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    From the Explore Webspace dialog. The other way appears to let you delete individual files though both screenshots are similar. I deleted all the files then added the websites I wanted. It was also a handy way of knowing what webspace has been used. I used the Xara Hosting as the websites are history/information based and I make no money out of them so I needed free hosting. Looking at what was on offer in the free hosting market no names come out smelling of roses and if your site becomes popular they all offer a payment plan. Unless I am missing something somewhere.
    Thanks Emmo.

For the record, Xara Online > Xara Hosting (https://www.xara-online.com/) will list all the folders you have published a site to.
    Check the folder and then press the delete key or click on the vertical ellipsis to the right of your selection.

I usually just put my Locally exported files into my Dropbox folder and in Dropbox share the folder with a password.
    free without marketing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat