Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Help me please :( web designer pro x user

Hi all. I have created a mobile variant of the site i am building but everytime I try to move something it says "updating symbols" and gets stuck can anyone help me as i have no idea why it keeps doing it.

I am on a deadline and need some assistance.

Thanks NTK

Default Re: Help me please :( web designer pro x user

It sounds like something has gotten corrupted in the mobile version.

This is not very helpful. Maybe delete the mobile version and start again? Don't do this yet. Check back and see if someone has a better answer.

Welcome to TalkGraphics NTK.

Close Xara. Right click on the launch icon, select "Run as Administrator". You only need do this once.

Get back if this doesn't solve your problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have tried the method of running as administrator and it has not worked

Fine, that's the first issue to eradicate.

Could you attach your web/xar file that's giving this behavior so we can test it?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I will do as soon as i am able to do so. Windows is currently doing scheduled updates. What is the size limit for files being added please?

About 10MB I think.

The file size is too big to add 14,639kb

so that the file doesn't corrupt again when I re create it please can anyone provide me with any tips so I don't have to go through it all again?

It is really hard to tell what can corrupt a file. I have had this happen over the years I have used Xara (around 20 years now!), and it is always a mystery.

I think that saving your work frequently helps. Xara can undo quite a number of times and so this means that when you do anything, it is copied into the RAM memory, and after a while this can eat up available memory and make the program unstable.

You might look at your backup files for back a few days before the problem started and you might have a workable backup so that you don't have to start from scratch.

Go to File > Open Recent > Backups...

In the list of backup files, click the drop down button next to Date Modified and you can select a date from the calendar.

Open a few of these from a few days before the problem started and see if they are working. If so, save and use this as your working file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open recent.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	119969