Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Very confused about upgrade path...

Agreed. File sizes were identical so the presumption is that the files are identical. It is a rather obscured and circuitous procedure. I am up and running. One oddity. The Button Size options in the Control Bars screen seems only available in the White UI (Ctrl-Shft-Alt-S) and not the Grey UI. Not a deal breaker, but a small frayed thread. If you've not switched to the White UI then be cautioned that doing so dumps your screen customizations. Performing the keystrokes to return to the Grey UI does not reconstruct the lost customizations. My experience.

Thanks.

the button sizing was depricated [or if you prefer, broken] when the dark UI was introduced - the light UI is not officially supported by Xara and so it may have it's own problems ....

switching either way has always reset customisations...

Did not know The Light UI was not supported. Explains why it is so finicky. Thanks.

Just an FYI. When I did the upgrade to Web Designer 15, I lost all my Custom FTP profiles (publish to other web host via FTP). Fortunately, I had them all in a spreadsheet and in Filezilla. Don't delete version 12 until you've checked that you have all your profiles added to version 15.

I don't know why. I thought it was a matter of preference, I know some prefer the light ui but after one gets accustomed to it it's great, In fact I prefer it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

What are the actual changes in v15? And what happened to 13 and 14? It's like Windows OS version numbers and wondering if Mr. Gates knows how to count... 1, 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 8, 10.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Add 'billion' to your numbers list for Mr. Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    What are the actual changes in v15? And what happened to 13 and 14? It's like Windows OS version numbers and wondering if Mr. Gates knows how to count... 1, 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 8, 10.
    Magix chose to jump to V15. There is no V13 or V14.

http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ and http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web-designer/ and http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pgd365/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

windows ME is not on your list..... how could you forget windows ME

This is going to put a lot of people's noses out of joint. Surely there should be a sticky topic for Pro X 15 on this forum? The first I knew of it was a pop-up when I launched Xara today, which gives me 4 days to buy v15 at a discounted rate, after which it will cost $300. No-one is going to pay $300 for one new feature. But now, after reading this and two other threads, I discover that I can upgrade for free because my subscription is still valid. Customers need to know this stuff or there will be plenty who'll just walk away from upgrades, as I was fully prepared to.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com