Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Very confused about upgrade path...

I upgraded to Designer Pro X about 6 months ago. This was billed to have the 365 service. I just checked my version and I'm running 12.8.1.x. This includes the latest update from July, 2017. After checking the website, I see that there is an upgraded (?) version, which has updates from Dec. Does Xara expect me to pay for another upgrade? I thought 365 included all upgrades/updates while inside your 365 subscription? What is going on here, Xara/Magix? Why all of the confusion?

Default Re: Very confused about upgrade path...

you pay for the licence - as long as your licence is current you can install the new version [and you don't have to uninstal the old one]

eg your ver12 key will work for ver15 as long as your licence is current

It is MAGIX confusion. You need to ignore the V15 Upgrade button and instead choose the V15 Trial button.
    The former incurs a cost, the latter allows you to re-register with the same serial number you got for V12.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks acorn, come version 23 or however long it takes to entice me to upgrade I'll remember that... of course by then it might all be academic

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks acorn, come version 23
    ..I wonder if, by then, there'll be any new features?

Do you mean that, to get the version after Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50861 DL x64 Jul 24 2017, I only need to click on the Try Now and not the Buy Now button on the Pro X Product page? Where on the Xara website can I find the latest version number? Thanks. Dan

Dan v15 is on MAGIX not on Xara. Just download the trial and use your V12 serial number and everything will be OK. I'll try and find rhe link for you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks. I understand now.

Sorry to bother about this. So I have d/l the Trial version. File name includes "x15" so I guess that means Ver 15 of DP Pro X. Since this does not upgrade my current version, I assume it creates a separate install to which I add my 365 License number. Since it is not through the usual Update link in the program, it all seems risky to me, as in multiple installs, too many licensed versions, etc. Maybe you could help me understand just what I should expect should I open the x15 file. Appreciate the hand-holding. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Sorry to bother about this. So I have d/l the Trial version. File name includes "x15" so I guess that means Ver 15 of DP Pro X. Since this does not upgrade my current version, I assume it creates a separate install to which I add my 365 License number. Since it is not through the usual Update link in the program, it all seems risky to me, as in multiple installs, too many licensed versions, etc. Maybe you could help me understand just what I should expect should I open the x15 file. Appreciate the hand-holding. Dan
    HI Dan I don't re3ally know what to tell you. I have Xara Photo and graphics designer. I do not do web sites so I have no need of the pro version. Your profile says you have X10 pro, is that correct?

to get X15 download XP15 trial from the magix site and register with your current 365 serial number, this will not create a seperate install that i am aware of just updates your program to XP15

http://www.magix.com/us/free-download/

Xara Designer Pro X is the first one on the list.

i Hope this helps.

If not let me know
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.