Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mouse over

Default Mouse over

My Navbar group is not working as I want it :-((
    The mouse over effect brings up the incorrect name when hovering over the buttons on investigation found the MouseOff Navbar group has 6 groups corresponding to the 6 buttons but the MouseOver Navbar group has 7 groups. The extra one refers to a button that does not exist.
    How do I delete the extra group?
    Xara Designer Pro X 12.6.2.49603 DL x64 Apr 25 2017

Default Re: Mouse over

Could you post you file here?

With the Nav Bar selected, click the option to ungroup to edit nav bar. Then find the rogue group and delete it. Then recreate the nav bar.

I think you may have edited the NavBar with the MouseOver layer hidden or you went Solo.

It will be simpler and quicker to delete it and start again.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think you may have edited the NavBar with the MouseOver layer hidden or you went Solo.

It will be simpler and quicker to delete it and start again.

Acorn
    Thanks to those that commented will rebuild the NavBar.
    Peter

Another huge gripe of mine with WD... what a ridiculous method to deal with 'mouse-overs' - 'navbars'. I've nailed it though... and know how to create, change and manipulate them, but not without many hours of trial and error.

Then I find myself playing with other 'inferior' apps to Xara and THEY have mastered the simple menu system of choosing what you wish your navbar or button to look like, and then, simple choosing the attributes for 'mouse-over'.

This is an enigma in my mine that has me wondering why Xara just does things the hard way. (in some cases) but... it tis what it tis...

UNGROUP TO EDIT (Make limited changes - Very limited)
    RECREATE IT
    EDITING ON WRONG LAYER (MouseOver) HIDDEN! NOT HIDDEN!
    GOING SOLO

AND ON AND ON AND ON..... ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Listen.... XWD is not really geared for a HUGE MULTI-PAGE website... so... you're better of just creating your own nav buttons individually for each page... much more control and options.
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)