Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Selecting more than one Used Bitmap or Used Colour at a time in the Name Gallery

I don't know if this has been asked before but is there a way to select more than one of the round circles that turn red when you select them in the Name Gallery?

I frequently need to select dozens of colours in files I receive to get at the pertinent bit of information in a file.

Only being able to select one colour at a time is frankly painful.

I have tried all the normal windows tricks of Shift, Control and Alt, but I can only ever select one at a time.

The file I am presently working on has an incredibly large amount of unnamed colours (on my 25inch Monitor I got bored after scrolling down 15 pages worth!

So you can understand why I would need this facility.

As I mentioned in my title, this also applies to Bitmaps as well and this can also take me ages to work through.

I am using Xara Designer Pro X 12.8....

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a function that already exists and I should have been able to find!

Dahzee

Default Re: Selecting more than one Used Bitmap or Used Colour at a time in the Name Gallery

Using Ctrl+mouse click works for me.

Default Re: Selecting more than one Used Bitmap or Used Colour at a time in the Name Gallery

Thanks Boy, I was not aware of that one.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I can't see a way of adding a whole range in one go like you can layers in the gallery using the shift key.. and I think that is what the OP is looking for... EDIT - that should be objects in layers of course, cant block select the layers themselves either

ctrl+mouse-click does not do this for me - just adds a single colour/row to the selection [XDPX12] in the name gallery

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

ctrl+mouse-click does not do this for me - just adds a single colour/row to the selection [XDPX12] in the name gallery
    That's funny because it works for me. Windows 10 + XDP 12.8.

that said, it does not appear to work in v15 [trial] for me either

I won't install v15 until Xara takes care of a decent update, so I can't try it out.

By the way, I select the items in the Name Gallery by Ctrl-clicking the little circles, not the names.

yes clicking the circles is what I do... clicking names does not select anything

it refuses to select more than one at a time - I can add to the selection one at a time, but as the OP said, that will take a long time to select large numbers, as opposed to the asked for block selection which I cannot get to work...

here's my test file - does it work for you?

test for block select name gallery.xar

..and anyway, I can add to the selection one by one simply by clicking, I don't see the ctrl modifier making the slightest bit of difference one way or the other

Thanks for all the replies guys.

It certainly seems like it is Xara and not just me.

Maybe someone from Xara will put us straight whether it is supposed to do this or not?

If it is missing then this will be on my wishlist for future updates along with the ability to import and export .dxf files (I have given up waiting for the latter).

Thanks again,

Dahzee