Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Magix

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Dear Magix

What I would like is to have the Xara Xone back the way it used to be. The monthly tutorials and extra content used to bring positive productivity to the forums that's sadly lacking these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Dear Magix

I'll second that.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I'll third it!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I also totally agree
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hands down I totally agree.

Ray

I completely agree. several times I have wanted to do a tutorial to refresh my memory or find out things I forgot but the extra content was not there to download.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Totally agree Frances, they should never have done what they did in the first place, dismiss G.B. out of hand and cause the loss of an excellent learning Xone for all, advanced and the novice user. Still peeved about it.

Stygg

if you are looking for GB's stuff it is [mostly] here: http://site.xaraxone.com/archives/

I don't think there is a link to it on the magix resource page it does not appear to have been migrated to the new setup, if there is it is not in an obvious place

GP's stuff here: http://site.xaraxone.com/archive.htm

that does have a link on magix page under ARCHIVE

I wish you luck Frances - Magix have taken over the resource, and now the support... my feeling is that next they will take over the forum too... but we shall see....

+1

I was about to ask, as the most recent posting was in September 2017. Xara and Magix must not let this die. There have been many valuable videos by Egg, for example, and they should be highlighted somehow. As well, unless I can't see it, there is no easy link from TG to XaraXone. One should be added.

Also, in Xara, under Help, there is an item, "More Xara Designer Pro X" and then a list that includes, "Online workshops," which takes you to XaraXone. It would be helpful if "XaraXone" was appended.

The link for GB and GP's tutorials is actually right at the top of the page, but is easy to miss. The names are hotlinks to their tutorials.

"Welcome to a gold mine of Xara tutorials created by Xara, Magix and two brilliant former Xone hosts Gary Priester and Gary Bouton, plus many other guest authors from the Xara community. You’ll also find a huge collection of Featured Art and Free Stuff gathered by the two Garys over the last decade."
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

thanks John

the hotlinks you mentioned go to a reformatted presentation of GB and GP tutorials and not the original pages; there is a dropdown too I notice which you can use to select other authors, useful but as you say egg is not there, it is limited