Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP! Uninstall Error for Content Pack & PanoramaStudion in DesignerProX365

I keep getting errors when trying to uninstall ProX 365 version 12.4.1. It does not uninstall the Content Pack and PanoramaStudio and ask me to locate a file for each product during the uninstall process. It did uninstall the main software but will not do the removal of the 2 other installed add in items. I have tried reinstalling the main product and then uninstalling again but same issue. Then I downloaded the latest installer for V 12.4.1 again from Xara site with same lack of success in removing these 2 items. Any help in removing these would be great. I have sent a ticket into Xara but they have not responded in more than 2 weeks now. The program also sent a error report to Magix and they sent me a email confirming the error. I searched the Xara & Magix sites but no help to a solution.
    "Dear MAGIX Customer,
    Unfortunately the installation of your MAGIX software encountered a problem.
    There can be many causes for an installation issue. Please check the website for the most common causes and their solutions"

Asked for File Name: Xara_Designer_Pro_X12_en-GB_setup_x64.ms_
    Downloaded file I did original install from: designerprox365-64
    Latest File I did install from: designerprox365-64-12.4.1

Default Re: HELP! Uninstall Error for Content Pack & PanoramaStudion in DesignerProX365

The Content Pack and Panorama Studio were installed after the program was installed and are therefore not part of the program's uninstaller? Both have their own uninstaller. Did you try to run those?

Default Re: HELP! Uninstall Error for Content Pack & PanoramaStudion in DesignerProX365

Open Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and look for Xara ... (Content Pack) then click the Uninstall item on the toolbar.
    Open Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and look for Xara ... (MAGIX PanoramaStudio) or (MAGIX PanoramaStudio 2) then click the Uninstall item on the toolbar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Open Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and look for Xara ... (Content Pack) then click the Uninstall item on the toolbar.
    Open Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and look for Xara ... (MAGIX PanoramaStudio) or (MAGIX PanoramaStudio 2) then click the Uninstall item on the toolbar.

Acorn
    Using the programs and Features for uninstalling is giving me the error and asking me to find the file. I searched my C drive for it but not there. Need help somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The Content Pack and Panorama Studio were installed after the program was installed and are therefore not part of the program's uninstaller? Both have their own uninstaller. Did you try to run those?
    When uninstalling the main program 'Xara Designer Prox365', it attempts to uninstall those 2 add ins also with the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by peterouviere View Post
    Using the programs and Features for uninstalling is giving me the error and asking me to find the file. I searched my C drive for it but not there. Need help somehow.
    Does the folder C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\PanoramaStudio\ have any content?

For the Content Installer, you may have elected not to retain the Installation Files.

In the Windows Registry, you might like to open Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MAGIX\Xara_De signer_Pro_X12 and check what is there.
    In Contentpacks will be the detailed Keys to both items. I believe removing them will stop them appearing in the Add/Remove programs window.

Deleting all these entries might affect your machine so you must make a backup of your Registry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Now trying to reinstall product again and it wants me to find the file so I can install them. Total frustration. Does Xara or Magix make a force uninstall program for their products?

The uninstall feature normally works fine. I'm not aware of any Xara force uninstall utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Does the folder C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\PanoramaStudio\ have any content?

For the Content Installer, you may have elected not to retain the Installation Files.

In the Windows Registry, you might like to open Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MAGIX\Xara_De signer_Pro_X12 and check what is there.
    In Contentpacks will be the detailed Keys to both items. I believe removing them will stop them appearing in the Add/Remove programs window.

Deleting all these entries might affect your machine so you must make a backup of your Registry.

Acorn
    Here is a screen shot of the registry and the files side by side. I dont see a folder or registry key for content pack. I tried running the panorama studio by itself and it opened as a standalone but can not get it to uninstall. Still confused. I have XARA3D also and and don't want to cause issue with that product but maybe I should just uninstall all xara and magix, delete all registry keys and file folders and go from there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	119939

Here is what I did to finally fix it all. I uninstalled all my Xara and Magix programs even though I still had the same errors so was left with the 2 products still installed. Then I ran a Registry Cleaner. next I restarted system, then deleted any and all Magix and Xara folders in my C drive. then ran Registry cleaner again. Restarted system, and then manually went through registry deleting all Magix and Xara keys. Restarted and the programs are no longer installed. Then I reinstalled all of my programs and the Designer Pro Version 15. Hopefully when the next update comes I will not run into the same issue again.