Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need some place holder HTML help

Is the some HTML or whatever to completely hide the controls on a video when playing?

I'm using Camtasia to output (2) ways...

1. I can go straight .MP4 and then do the drag on to a Xara page.

2. I can output HTML video and then embed the iframe code

In Camtasia's output I can choose to 'no controls' but Xara (I think) uses its own player which puts them back in on a rollover...

Thanks
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: Need some place holder HTML help

It depends on the Xara version you use and what exaclty you want to achieve.
    In version 12.6.2 you could simply add a line
    <style>div.mejs-controls{visibility:hidden !important;}</style>
    to your website or page head code to disable the bottom contol bar for all media player elements.
    If you only wnat to disable a specific one or your Xara version uses a different media-player the solution might look quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    It depends on the Xara version you use and what exaclty you want to achieve.
    In version 12.6.2 you could simply add a line
    to your website or page head code to disable the bottom contol bar for all media player elements.
    If you only wnat to disable a specific one or your Xara version uses a different media-player the solution might look quite different.
    That worked fine siran.... I'm use ver.15 XDP - I used your code on an .mp4 that I just dragged on to the page.

so thanks... but I have one more for you if you don't mind.

when I view the video (I have it on auto-play) it works great (no controls) but the ability to stop it is there by just clicking on it... and of course
    clicking again to start it. Is there some way to disable that?

Better yet... here's the .xar file so you could see what I'm going for.

Thanks!

video.xar

Oh!... and to have it loop continuously

Looping is easy, just add loop to the video tag, for example:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/website header video.mp4" controls autoplay loop width...
    Removing the on click handler should have been easy too but didn't work for some reason.
    But you can change the class name to disable the default initialization and add your own instead, for example:
    Code:
    <video class="xar_meplayer_edit" src="index_htm_files/website header video.mp4" controls autoplay loop width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    <script>$(function(){$(".xar_meplayer_edit").mediaelementplayer({clickToPlayPause:false});});</script>

One more thing. To also stop the short display of the "hourglass"-thing at looping change the style tag to also hide that (and everything else):
    <style>div.mejs-controls,div.mejs-layers{visibility:hidden !important;}</style>

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Looping is easy, just add loop to the video tag, for example:
    <video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/website header video.mp4" controls autoplay loop width...
    Removing the on click handler should have been easy too but didn't work for some reason.
    But you can change the class name to disable the default initialization and add your own instead, for example:
    Code:
    <video class="xar_meplayer_edit" src="index_htm_files/website header video.mp4" controls autoplay loop width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    <script>$(function(){$(".xar_meplayer_edit").mediaelementplayer({clickToPlayPause:false});});</script>
    Thanks siran,

I did a Gsearch and found a small command
    (loop="true") that worked pretty good. I guess you surmised by now that I KNOW NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about coding.

<video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/website header video.mp4" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/ loop="true">
    <style>div.mejs-controls{visibility:hidden !important;}</style> (this is what you gave me for hiding the controls - worked great!)

Here's where I used it... now I just have to figure out how to optimize the video so it loads faster... http://specialtydesserts.com/

Thanks
    Cliff

I just changed that code above I said I used to the latest of what you gave me. - thanks

There are lots of tips for converting video for the web around. Maybe you can tell us if you find something reliable.